Pages

.

.

Tuesday 1 December 2009

Guest DT Spot for Softpencil!

Oooh I'm super excited to be saying to you all, here is my first project as a Guest Designer for Elizabeth at Softpencil.  I am so honoured to have been asked by Elizabeth to be her Guest Designer for the month of December - thank you Elizabeth.
Anyway, Elizabeth has just produced this fabulous range of Calendars that you can find advertised on her blog and also for sale at her Etsy Shop - they are just the cutest calendars you have ever seen.  We were all given different designs to use and mine was Magical Nap. 


These would make ideal Christmas presents and would be relatively cheap to post too!
So here is my creation!

Elizabeth challenged us to use more than one layer so obviously that said Decoupage to me and then I thought - no wait - I'll have a go at paper piecing instead.  Firstly I printed the whole thing out on white card and then I printed it out on different papers.  The calendar that I printed on to white card was chalked all over and sealed with a bit of hairspray.  I then cut out all the elements. the cat from sparkly purple paper, the wings of the fairy from sparkly purple paper, her body from shiny lilac paper and her face and hair from white paper coloured with promarkers,  and then adhered the whole thing to a piece of thick cardstock.  I added stickles glitter glue to the snowflakes.  The large flowers are from Imaginisce and are put together using a heart shaped brad from my stash and the smaller flowers were some I've had for a while and put together the same way and then adhered to the calender with Silicone glue.

I attached a ribbon at the top so that it could be hung on the wall and put a piece of purple mirri card on the back so that it wouldn't look unfinished.  I shall also be entering this creation into the following challenges: Sketchy Colors their first challenge is to use lilac and purple
Bee Crafty - Add some sparkle (paper and stickles)
C.R.A.FT. Challenge - Make something for Christmas (this is for a pressie - but can't say who for!! LOL)
Charisma Cardz - Anything for Christmas (this is a Christmas pressie)
Crafty Catz - Use and angel or a fairy (she may be small but she is there)
Lily Boo Too Challenge - Paper Piecing
The Pink Elephant Challenge - Colour me wonderful (I have a new found love for my chalks)
And of course the challenge over at Softpencil's challenge on PCP which is Be Creative
Please pop on over to the other DT blogs and have a look at their creations too - just click on the links in my sidebar underneath the GDT banner.  Thanks for checking this out and if you're looking for a neat place to shop - please visit the Softpencil Etsy shop.  Also Softpencil has a group over at Paper Craft Planet where they have their challenges - another place worthy of a visit.

20 comments:

  1. Great to see a non-card project, super sparkle (glitter always looks great with purples!) Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous calendar. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn
    A beautiful calender,thankyoufor joining us at CraftyCatz this week,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's fantastic Dawn, love that lazy cat. Thanks for joining us over on Lily-Boo this month
    big hugs
    En

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Dawn, this is fabulous!!! I love all the glitter. I love how the whole calendar look. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh dawn, this is lovely!! i love the calendar for presents idea and your paper peicing is fabulous. thank you for joining in with the fun at lily-boo too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

    Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Dawn! your calendar is sooooo beautiful! I love the colours and the techniques you used!
    Welcome to the DT!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz. Suzie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining us this week in the C.R.A.F.T. challenge "Christmas gift"A lovely calendar!Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely calendar i love this! thanks for joining us at crafty catz xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous hunnie!! Absolutely love it!

    Hugs
    Leanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous project!
    Thank you for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T!
    Hugs,
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello, yep i found that little angel, really lovely, thanks for joining in with crafty catz, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Dawn

    Sorry for my tardiness. Congrats on the DT spot mate, you deserve it.

    Great creation and so many challenges too.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful project! I love the colors and techniques you used!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous calendar, I love it and the cat is adorable. Thank you for joining us this mont over at Lily-Boo Too.
    Max x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute job on the calendar!! Welcome to the team!! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute - really great idea.
    Thanks for joining us at the Pink Elephant - hope to see you playing in our new challenge which starts on Monday. It's a super fun easy one.

    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.