Pages

.

.

Saturday 12 December 2009

Mojo Recipe for a Love Story!

Hey, bet that got you guessing right??? LOL
Well the reasoning behind the title - Recipe Challenge over at There's Magic in the Air, I used the sketch at Mojo Monday and I used the Movie Love Story as my inspiration and that is the challenge over at Paperplay Challenges.
So although there are only two days left to enter - here's the sketch at Mojo Monday:

And this is the card I made using their sketch:



The Challenge at Paperplay as I said is use a Movie/Book title as your inspiration - I thought of love story when I saw this digi image (tenuous I know but hey it's there!!).  And then the Recipe Challenge over at There's Magic in the Air.  The recipe is as follows: 1 tag (under the gold ribbon) 2 textures: (Flock DP for the circles and Liquid Pearls for the icing on the cake), 3 patterned papers (the three circles are all different patterns from the Laura Ashley Flock Effects paper pack), 4 pieces of ribbon (white and dark red at the top, burgundy across the middle and gold for the bow), sprinkle with 5 brads or buttons (5 deep red brads on the image) there was also the option to use one piece of cardstock of a different colour to your base card (my base card was shiny pink and I used a piece of burgundy card above it)  I used metallic pencils to colour the rest of the image and a very dark pink chalk around the edges of the piece of card the image was on. 


So there you have it - a Mojo Recipe for a Love Story!!

12 comments:

  1. Great job on combining the challenges1 I loved that sketch from Mojo Monday! You did a great job with the recipe challenge as well! Thanks so much for playing with us at TMITA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you clever to do more than one challenge. Love the cupcake. Thanks so much for playing along with us at TMITA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn,great card love the image looks good enough to eat.
    Hope your well.
    Have a great christmas :)
    Hugzz Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with this card Dawn! The sketch lends itself perfectly to Nina's image and I love the 'frosty icing' on the cupcake! Thanks for joining in with the TMITA blog hop!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the different textures, fabulous card! Thanks for participating in our Blog Hop! Hugs Nilla TMITA Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow yes I agree very clever, especially getting that recipe done. Never was much good at following recipes - but my biscuits turned out OK the second time when I followed it properly!!!!

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Dawn, gorgeous cup cake.
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, look at you go, combining all those challenges! Great job! Thanks for joining us on the hop, and hope to see you back again on Magical Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I didn't get by sooner, Dawn. LOVE your creation and great mixing of all the ingredients for this recipe challenge! It turned out YUMMY! Thanks for playing in the TMITA/PCC blog hop and hope to see you soon at the regular challenge! :)

    Aloha, Kim
    TMITA Design Team member
    Check out the free weekly digi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun, love your card. Thanks for joining us on Paperplay this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fun play with both challenges!! love that big bow on the left and you cupcake looks soo yummy!! great way to combine the too challenges as well.. lovely card! Thanks for joining us on the TMITA recipe blog hop and also the recipe challenge. Hope to see you weekly.

    http://theresmagicintheair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.