Pages

.

.

Sunday 29 November 2009

Goooaaalllll!!!!!

Hi everyone,
Why is it that everyone struggles to make cards for boys??  Is it because they are soooo difficult to please or is it just that we don't understand them??  After all they are from Mars aren't they? LOL.
Anyway, the challenge over at Cute Card Thursday is to make a card for a younger boy.  I went with a football theme, don't know many boys that don't like football do you?  The image I have used is called Nathan and is from Instyle Stamps.

I decided on an easel card because this way I could hide a Gift Wallet which was the challenge at Cupcake Craft Challenge. 

I used a football button as the stopper to make the easel card as this fitted with the rest of the card - so this fits the challenge at Allsorts which is to use buttons.  (I know it is only one but it is an integral part of the card).  The paper I used on the bottom is a piece of football wrapping paper which I pinched from my daughter's bedroom!! Sorry daughter!

I used blue for the card and blue metallic pencil for his shirt (and yellow blending pencils for his shorts) so I will also put this in for the challenge at ABC which is I for Indigo (blue).
Please let me know what you think guys, comments are always gratefully accepted.  Thanks.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn

    Hey .. .. .. a button is a button!!!

    Love your easel card and the football theme.

    I must admit I don't know any boys that don't like football!

    Thank you for playing along with Allsorts this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea love the imge too

    liz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Dawn
    Super easel card - I don't know any boys that wouldn't like a football themed card.
    Love the football button - that fits perect with our challenge at Allsorts this week.
    Thanks for sharing your card with us this week.
    Take care
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. Love the image.
    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute project. Thanks for showing me. I love Nathan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again Dawn

    This is a brilliant boys card, great idea for a gift card too. That button is ideal!

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a wonderful job on this card! I love making easel cards, so fun and nice way to display the card too. GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic Card, Dawn! That is an awesome boy card. Geez, I would want it for myself!

    I wanted to stop in and say thanks for joining us at In Style Stamps November Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a stunning card great image and fabby colouring
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. great happy chappy birthday card, thanks for joining in on the ABC challenge Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.