Pages

.

.

Sunday 20 December 2009

Baby's 1st Christmas - a commission.

Happy Sunday afternoon everyone.
Well, I don't know about you but I've been freezing all weekend.  I have seen some fab piccys of snow in other parts of the country - but we've only got ice and cold. Brrrrrrrrr!
Anyway, just thought I would show you this card I was asked to make for a friend at work.  This will be the first Christmas for her grand-daughter and she asked me to make her a card.  I hope she likes it.
Firstly I chose an image from Cuddly Buddly where alot of the digital designs are free - if you haven't been - you really should pay a visit, there are some gorgeous images. 

I chose the Winter Bear and I coloured him in using watercolour pencils, the frame is coloured using one of my Sakura Gelly Glaze pens and then the frame is chalked with pink and purple chalk to match the colours of his outfit.

I printed out a sheet of toppers from the Crafter's Companion Occasions Double CD and then printed "Baby's 1st Christmas" so that it fitted into one of the boxes on the topper sheets, then cut it out and stuck it on.  The Backing Paper is one of several sheets I received in a RAK parcel from my friend Clare - thanks Clare!  I made a ribbon bow in purple to match the rest of the card and I placed a Christmas Greeting down the side of the inside back of the card (which I'm not sure you can quite see on these photo's - sorry)

So the challenges I shall be entering this card for are:
Artful Inkables - Think Ink Tuesday - Make a CAS card (Clean and Simple) - well I think it fits!
C.R.A.F.T Challenge - Free for all
Dare U 2 digi stamp - Last minute christmas cards
Magical Crafts fortnightly challenge - Special Birthday or Christmas card
My Time to Craft - Yuletide wishes
One stop craft challenge - Christmas love
Simon Says - Merry Christmas
Sophisticat Challenge - xmas theme anything goes
The Pink Elephant - Winter and/or Christmas

21 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn,
    Such a pretty card, I love the cute image and you have coloured it wonderfully. Thanks for joining in at MCFC, and good luck.
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo hoo I got a mention!!! I thought I had seen those papers before I just can't stop my Miss Marple side making an appearance hee hee.

    I have meet a friend for life and a good one at that so..

    Merry Christmas and a happy new year when it comes.

    Your wee scottish lass x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very-very cute card! I love the image!:)

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!

    Hugs, Tímea

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card, the teddy image is cute and I love the way you have coloured it with a bit of sparkle.....very festive

    Thanks for joining us at MCFC

    hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week. Good Luck in the draw.

    Merry Christmas.

    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dawn,

    What a beautiful first Christmas card. That image is a cutie and love your colouring.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn this is fab, for a Baby's 1st Xmas, many thanks for joining us at Sophisticats this week, hope to see you back in the New Year, Hugs Avril xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely card Dawn.
    Love the way you have coloured the image, the added bit of sparkle is just lovely..
    Thanks for joinin us.
    Hugs Angel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute, cute bear. Must check out this site. Love the colouring. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Card Dawn I love this image and colour combo a lovely choice for a babies first Christmas. Thank you for playing along at Magical Crafts xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just such a lovely card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck! Have a good Christmas.

    Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, the teddy is very cute! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute cute card Dawn. I love that image and you have coloured it beautifully. Merry Christmas and thanks for joining us at MCFC - hugs Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet card. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT.

    ReplyDelete
  15. AWW SWEET CARD
    Thanks for joining MCFC

    LIZ XX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card for baby's first Christmas. Thanks so much for joining us at Sophisticats & congrats on your win!

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great project! thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. in our free for all Challenge. Have a wonderful Christmas. Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great entry for DU2DS this week, thanks for playing out at our blog.
    Hope 2010 brings you all you would wish for yourself
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card! What a sweet image you used! Thanks for joining us at DU2DS.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  20. A gorgeous card and such a cute image! Love your colouring and the pretty design too. Happy new year to you and glad you could join us at DU2DS this time. Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet card. Thanks for joining us with our last challenge of 2009. New 'Dare' this Friday.
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.