Pages

.

.

Sunday 13 December 2009

Untraditional Christmas!

Happy Sunday to you all in blogland - I hope you are all well.
My first post for today was for the challenge over at Friday Sketchers.  This is their sketch:

I have recently ordered some Whiff of Joy stamps because I think they are adorable and obviously as soon as they arrived I just had to ink them up and make something with them now didn't I?  Well you do, don't you?  So here is the card I made using the first of the three images I bought which is called "Willow with Christmas Candle" - ain't she just the cutest???

I fancied a change from the traditional colours and it seems so did some of the challenges this week.  I chose purple and blue.  I used a holly leaf backing paper which I printed off from the Festive Occasions CD from Crafter's Companion and changed the colour from green to purple using the Colouriser feature.  Then I used a purple spotty paper from a pack I've had in my stash for ages.  I used a purpley/blue text DP from a 6 x 6 blue papers pack (again can't remember what make - sorry).  I stamped the image onto a jigsaw and coloured her in using watercolour pencils, blending pencils and Sakura Gelly Glaze pens.  The two snowflakes are made using a snowflake punch from Hobbycraft and the little gem centres are from a candy win, as is the purple ribbon and the little charm attached to the ribbon (thanks Emma!)  Here is a litle close up of the image so that you can see the colours more clearly.

Hopefully you will also be able to see that I have used blue and purple chalk around the edges of the jigsaw to soften them a little.  I put a purple sentiment across the top which is available at Hobbycraft.
The other challenges I shall enter this for are as follows:
Papertake Weekly  -  Red and Green must not be seen
ABC Challenge   -  J is for Jigsaw
Craftycardmakers - Alternative Christmas (traditional image with non traditional colours)
Crazy 4 Challenges - Snowmen and/or snowflakes (I went for snowflakes)
Saturday Challenge - Snow (well snowflakes make snow!)
Simon Says Challenge - Let it snow (again, that's what snowflakes make)
Stamp Something  -  Winter Wonderland
The Pink Elephant Challenge - Your favourite Christmas Colour Combo
Whiff of Joy  -  Sparkle (the snowflakes are punched from glittered paper/card and the ribbon is sparkly too)

9 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn
    Every challenge I entered today had your name in fornt of mine so I though must pop over for a look. Love this card, aren't these WOJ images just gorgeous. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful image and card -love it. Thanks for joining us at The Pink Elephant.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn,

    This is so beautiful. The image is gorgeous and I love you colouring. That bow is fab too.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what originally card!!! I love the puzzle effect!!

    Hugs
    Giò

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the purples you used. cute. thanks for playing along with stamp something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card and gorgeous colours.
    Thank you for joining in the SCSC this week.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card - love the colours!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge & SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card ! :-) I love the jgsaw puzzle idea ,,, very original ! ;-0 the colours and papers you used are fab too :-)

    Thanks for joining the PTW Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh cool! Love the puzzle pieces x

    Thanks for joining us at crafty cardmakers, new challenge is now up!

    Sorry I’m a bit late on my rounds due to illness of kids/self

    Vix

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.