Pages

.

.

Tuesday 29 December 2009

I'm So Sad!!

But only because it is my last GDT post for Softpencil this week.  I have so enjoyed being a Guest Designer for Elizabeth - she is a joy to work with and Kerry - thanks for all your help.
This week we had a beautiful image to work with called "We made a Snowman" and Kerry asked us to use: Something Glitter, Liquid Applique, Flock and Sparkles.  Well I have used all of those except the liquid applique because quite simply, I didn't have any.  So without further ado here is the card I made for this challenge:

I used the sketch over at Fab n Funky Challenges which I have shown below:


I started off with a brown/bronze piece of shiny card for the backing and added six brads as indicated by the sketch.  I backed the image onto a piece of "flocked" paper from a Laura Ashley collection and cut two contrasting pieces of "flocked" paper (also Laura Ashley) to place in the opposite corners.  I coloured the image using pencils.  I used liquid pearls (my substitute for liquid applique) for the snowman's hat and stickles for the snowflakes.  
















I used white glitter for the snowman and some white shiny thread - Papermania Sparkling Trims - for the snow at the bottom.

I added gold stickles to the petals on three white flowers.....

















.........and added a sentiment at the left of the image.  I would never normally have used these colours on BP/DP and only used them because of the "flock" aspect of the challenge - I'm glad I did though - I quite like them!  Hope you do to.



11 comments:

  1. Awwww...this is so adorable Dawn!!! Fabulous texture & dimension! Super Duper CUTE!!!!!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn,

    Never mind I am sure you will be asked again. Your card is super and I love all the glittery bits.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn fabulous card love the image and textures:)
    Happy New Year to you and yours!!
    Hugzz Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome card!!! Too cute! And it's sad for me too, you are awesome! So great to have you as part of our team.

    P.S. plus I'm your follower! :) Happy New Year! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute card, thanks for joining us at FF this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks gorgeous hun loving all that sparkle, great jon big hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the shiny things you used on your card Dawn! and the colours combo is so beautiful!!!
    Thank you very much for being in my DT! I hope having you there again! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful card. love it

    wish you all the best for 2010

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dawn,

    This is gorgeous! I love the colors that you used and all of that sparkle!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an adorable card and you are definitely braver than me using all that "sparkle" ! Many thanks for joining in with Fab 'n' Funky challenges and "Happy New Year",

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.