Pages

.

.

Wednesday 16 December 2009

Anything but a card!

This week at Softpencil Elizabeth asked us to use our image to make anything but a card.  I have used mine to make a feature on my gift box, which, naturally was handmade using my scoreboard from Crafter's Companion.



I printed off several copies of my image and made sure they were all the same size.  Then I coloured in the respective parts on different copies of my image to fit in with the colour of my box. 


I cut out the image in descending sizes in order to decoupage them on to the top of the box.  I used Promarkers (Ruby and Henna), Sakura Gelly Glaze Pens, watercolour pencils and metallic pencils.  I added some half pearls into the four corners of the box. 


I fixed a brown satin ribbon around the edge of the box and on top of this I tied a cream glittery ribbon edged with gold and tied it into a bow on one corner of the box.
This little gift box will also fit the challenges at:
Bee Crafty - Christmas Extras
Creative Inspirations - Christmas Gift (anything but a card)
Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes
Die Cuts R Us - Naughty Or Nice (well I think it's a nice box)
Digital Tuesday - Birthday something (nice gift box for a birthday present)
Lots to Do - Boxes
Ooh La La - Brown and Pink
Passion for Promarkers - Any colour any theme (Ruby and Henna colours)
Simon Says - Merry Christmas (well I think you could use if for a gift box for Christmas too)
Sophisticat - Christmas theme - anything goes (Again, a nice gift box)
So there you have it.  Gosh I never thought this would fit so many challenges.

24 comments:

  1. Wow what an amazing box you have shared with us on the Lotstodo Challenge site - gorgeous

    x Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful creation, makes a gorgeous gift box. Thanks so much for playing the DTC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - What a lovely box, the colours are stunning

    Thanks for playing along with Lotstodo this week - Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn, it's lovely to have your entry and it is soooo beautiful. Thanks for joining us at OLL. Happy Christmas. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats just gorgeous Dawn and so many challenges brilliant, did you receive the cd ok
    Wendi xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely stunning! The paper piecing is done so beautifully. You are right...this is a "nice" box. Well done!

    Smiles!
    Gwen DT@DCRU

    ReplyDelete
  7. Talk about thinking outside of the box. This is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely box and so fitting for so many challenges! Thanks for joining us at DCRU!!
    Cara DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! It's such a "nice" box!, I absolutely love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Box Dawn, I love it, must get my scorboard out in the New Year, thank you so much for joining us at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a bonny wee box
    thanks for joining us at PfP for the Xmas Extravaganza and good luck
    Debbi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a gorgeous box, really lovely.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Sophisticats this week

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Dawn!!! you really impressed me with your beautiful box! I loooove it! I love pink-brown combo like you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. GOREGOUS!!! WOW!!! Thanks for playing with us this week at DCRU DT!!
    Sammye Jo
    DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Dawn

    Sorry I'm late. This is gorgeous, love the colours you have used. The ribbon is luscious too.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors and layers! Congrats on meeting so many challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a fabulous box Dawn love that image thank you so much for sharing with us at Digital Tuesday

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! This is FABULOUS! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks really fab, big hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is such a beautiful box thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this week love cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Dawn, what a gorgeous little gift box. I love the colour scheme and the flower is stunning. Thanks for joining in with our mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow, what a beautiful box!!!! Love these colors with the brown!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us @ Digital Tuesday!
    Merry Christmas!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  23. Adorable box, Good luck and thanks for playing along.

    Hugs

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.