Pages

.

.

Sunday 6 December 2009

Coming up Roses (well rosebuds!)

Hello everyone,
Have you done the blog hop at The Character Cafe yet??  If not then you really should - you need to go to the Store Site first and start from there, there is a freebie along the way (she is sooooo cute) and if you post a card using her you get an extra entry in to the draw to win a fantastic prize which includes a COPIC airbrush system!! Wow!
So here she is then - as the finished article because I can't post the pic of the freebie you have to go and get her yourself at the end of the hop which finishes at The Character Cafe blog site.

I used some pink self adhesive glitter paper from Hobbycraft (thanks Mum!) and a Pink/Grey DP which I received as part of a RAK recently (thanks Clare!). 

I coloured the image with blending pencils, watercolour pencils and Sakura Gelly Glaze pens. I used pink and purple chalk around the edge of the piece of card with the image on to compliment the colours I used on the image.  I finished it off with a handmade ribbon using some new ribbon recently purchased from Hobbycraft.  I shall also enter this card for the challenge over at CRAFT challenge as they are looking for Christmas Birthday cards and I think that this fits the bill nicely.

14 comments:

  1. This is so precious, Dawn!!! Fabulous coloring and I LOVE the sparkle going down the sides! Lovely!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention Dawn - I knew it would come in useful and the baby dragon is really cute - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo cute! I love the colours and the mixture of colouring mediums gives a wonderful effect. Thanks for sharing your card with us, we'll be posing a link to you on our website as well as adding 5 ballots to the tree for the draw :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful its soooo cute..we have a freebie on cute daisy may why not pop over and pick it up
    luv
    linniex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn

    This is fantastic, I love the colouring and the highlighting.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO cute!!! I love the colors, the coloring and the glitter! Great job!

    Thanks for joining us at TCC!

    Billie - TCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card Dawn!! love the use of gelly glaze pen. TFS ..good luck with the candy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the coloring! Good luck with the draw!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!! What an adorable image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card Dawn!! Love your colouring and the colours you chose and glittery edges.
    Thanks for joining us on the 12 hops and good luck on the draw.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so.... cute, just love that image. Thank you so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week, good luck in the draw.
    Suzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaaa you are playing along with the Character Cafe girls I know K and K will appriciate the advertising and those little Chibi images are really pretty cute once you get used to them!!!

    Thanks Dawn!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a cute image. Lovely card.
    Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T Challenge & good luck.
    Magda x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just adorable, lovely card. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT. ANesha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.