Pages

.

.

Tuesday 22 December 2009

Cards for Special Little Ladies!

Hi all,
Now these are the very last two Christmas Cards I will be making this year (I think!).  These are for two special little ladies (and I know they are because their mummy is!) and I do hope they reach them before Christmas although I know I am cutting it fine.




Now you will notice that they are the same but different - and that's because the two ladies in question are sisters and I don't want them to fight over the cards (gosh doesn't that sound big headed - you know what I mean!!) 
I based the cards on the sketch over at Tuesday Morning sketches, not one I have done before, but I liked the layout of this one although I rotated it slightly.
Then I coloured the two images in similar colours (shades of purple) backed it onto card, backed that onto base card and added ribbons and snowflakes.
Here are the two images close up - see if you can spot the difference:


                          Recipe: 
Ink - Stazon
Image - Whiff of Joy
Backing card - craft stash
Backing paper - Hot off the Press Amethyst
Colouring medium - watercolour pencils, blending pencils, cosmic shimmers
Ribbons - Hobbycraft and Crafty Ribbons
Snowflakes - handpunched with snowflake stamp from Hobbycraft

5 comments:

  1. These cards are absolutely stunning Dawn. What makes you think sisters fight!!!!!! - you know them so well.

    HUgs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot like what I used to do for my girls - the same, but just different enough. Now their tastes are wildly divergent, so in some ways it's easier and in some ways much harder! Both your cards are beautiful and I'm sure they'll be well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Dawn! Those two little girls are very lucky!!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn..gorgeous cards sweetie...I know what you mean about sisters and having the same bless em.
    I love this stamp but didn't buy it unfortunately. You have coloured her so beautifully and your deets are just perfect. They will surely love hem.
    Happy Christmas poppet.
    Love
    Lisa.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.