Pages

.

.

Sunday 8 November 2009

Ten Up!!

Hello again everyone.
This is my second post for today and is a little more adventerous than the last one.
So here goes then:  First things first let me show you the card I made:

This is the first time I have attempted an easel card but I'm so glad I did because I just love it.  The image is one of Wendy's October releases at Digital Delights and is called Jingles the Snowman - ain't he cute?!  He is coloured using watercolour pencils and sakura gelly glaze pens.  His body and face are covered with white glitter and the band on his hat with blue glitter. The whole image is then mounted on holographic card to give a border effect.
 
I have used a piece of blue card across the base and put a piece of ribbon (crafty ribbons purchase) across the middle of it as a sentiment.  As this is an easel card I have used a white brad with a blue snowflake on as the stopper and I have also used a silver brad in the middle of the flower which I made using two different flower punches bought from Hobbycraft and have punched out two of each size in holographic card and blue shimmer paper.

So here are the challenges I am entering my little snowman into:
Allsorts challenge - Bring out your bling (glitter, holographic card and flower)
Colour Create Challenge - Colour combo - Blue, silver and white.
Cooking it up with Katie - Christmas Theme - add some sparkle and use a border.
Crazy for challenges - Easel card
Gingersnap Creations - Spicy Supply Challenge - Use brads
One stop Craft challenge - Cards for kids (I think any child would love this)
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge - Winter them - use glitter/sparkles and ribbon
Saturday Challenge - Easel Cards
Stampin B's Design Team - Christmas Card
and last but not least:
Your next stamp challenge - Christmas Card without using Red or Green.
I make that ten challenges in all and I will definitely be making more of these fabulous easel cards.

Post publishing edit:  Sorry guys - this one was only for nine challenges after all.  The Your Next Stamp Challenge says you have to use a YNS image on your card and I didn't but obviously I couldn't change the post title because I'd already entered it in all the others.  Hey ho!!

18 comments:

  1. Fab card love his sparkly body!!!

    thanks for playing at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super card!
    Extra specially sparkly!
    Thanks for Cooking It Up with Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn,

    What a cute little snowman and friend. The sparkle is fab and I love the idea with the flower - holographic card.

    Good luck with all those challenges.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and very sprakley! I'm a huge fan of glitter. Your card is great.

    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Pennys Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your snowman! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous

    Thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I love that snowman and all your sparkly bling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous card, thanks for playing along with the C4C

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. just love your Easel card. your snowman is done beautifully. All the sparlkes are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is gorgeous, beautiful colours and sweet snowman.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. That lil snowman is just a cutie! Gorgeous card! Love the trifold, colors of blue and the sparklies too!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's Challenges, and we hope you join us again this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card love the sparkle and image:)
    Hugzz Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful little snowman
    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet snowman! Love the card! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Brads Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great sparkly creation - love your cute snowman!

    Thank you for joining in my challenge with Allsorts - I hope you enjoyed it.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry a quick visit, I have been ill all week. But many thanks for joining in with the OSCC. Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.