Pages

.

.

Tuesday 24 November 2009

Ooh la la a Fairy on a Tuesday morning sketch!

Mooching around blogland this morning and came across the sketch at Tuesday Morning sketches - fab sketch and just had to give it a go.  Here is the sketch:
















I also wanted to enter the DT call at Ooh La La which is for a Guest Designer spot in January and February of next year.  I had downloaded a couple of their freebies some time ago but not got around to using them yet so here was my perfect opportunity!  So, here is the card I made for it:

The image is called Pixie and is a decoupage image which I layered onto lime green cardstock to pick out the green in the image. 

I chose a Laura Ashley backing paper for the base of the card and I decided to use a fibre for cross overs. These fibres are from Dovecraft and are a set called Earth Tones - these were a candy win from Ellephantastic some time ago - thanks Helen!
I decided to go for a complete contrast with the flowers and chose some orange roses from my craft stash.  All in all I am really pleased with this.  It is so nice that people give us these freebies from their stocks - not only does it help to spread the word about their crafting goodies but it gives people the chance to try things before they splash their hard earned cash around.  So a huge big thank you to everyone who gives away freebies on their site!

7 comments:

  1. Wow Dawn! That's a lot of work!! Very nicely done. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Good luck with your DT application.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn,

    Beautiful card. What depth and so sultry!!

    Good luck with the DT spot.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Dawn that is so beautiful I always love seeing cards made from our designs the backing paper and rose are gorgeous too
    Hopefully we will see more of your designs
    Wendi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh DAWN!!!! This is jaw-dropping GORGEOUS!!! LOVE it!
    WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing card Dawn! I love it! it´s so elegant ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's gorgeous and a lovely card.
    Good luck with the GD spot.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow uniquely done!!

    Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    Theresa (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.