Pages

.

.

Sunday 15 November 2009

My First Door Hanger!!

Oh my goodness, I have never tried one of these before but I think I am really pleased with how it turned out!
I received a "blank" door hanger in a RAK parcel from my pal Jude and so I decided I really ought to give it a go.  There were a couple of challenges out there in blog land where you had to make other than a card so this will fit in nicely with those. (I think I'm just in time for the Pollycraft one)
So here you go then..... the finished article!

I used the sketch over at Friday Sketchers as shown below:


Firstly I covered the whole hanger with some Snowflake paper which was from a 12 x 12 paper pack which I have had for ages and I can't remember what make it is sorry.  Then I used a contrasting paper from a 6 x 6 paper pack (a smaller version of the 12 x 12 pack) again from my stash.  The image I used was from a Pyramage sheet which I bought from Crafts U Print some time ago.  The flowers - now here's where my acetate comes in - these flowers were bought from the NEC a couple of years ago and have sat in my stash feeling very lonely.  I stuck them onto some acetate and then cut them out.  I layered up three small and three large flowers and stuck them together with a blue snowflake brad.  I then attached them to the hanger with Silicone adhesive.


I used some glitery peel offs for all around the edge of the hanger and corner peel offs from the same sheet.  I then attached three snowflakes at random points on the hanger and put a button in the centre of each one.


Using my stickles glue I added some glitter to all the snowflakes on the DP and also "doodled" with my stickles around the swirly bits in the snowflake at the bottom.

When I added the pyramaged image to the front of the hanger I only adhered it on three sides thus leaving a pocket - and this is where I put my tag - stamped with a sentiment and attached a ribbon to be able to pull it out easily.  So there you have it - I am quite pleased with it and I hope you like it too.
Now the challenges I will submit this for are:
(Deep Breath!!!)
ABC - H is for Hidden (the tag is hidden behind the image)
Allsorts - Something for a child (well little girls anyway!)
Bizzy Becs Creatalicious Challenges - Something for Christmas - include snowflakes and sparkle/glitter
CRAFT - 1 tag, 1 sentiment, 1 ribbon
Charisma Cardz - Merry and Bright (Christmas)
Cooking it up with Katie - Use a flower (in a different way) use something clear (acetate) and choose a sketch past or present.
Creative Card Crew - Doodles (hope my stickles counts)
Cupcake Craft Challenge - Snow Much Fun (well snowflakes are snow!)
Cute Card Thursday - Glitter me silly
Digital Tuesday - Holiday Wishes
Friday Sketchers - Jacque's sketch
Magical Crafts Fornightly Challenge - Use a santa or snowman image/something sparkly/ribbon and a Christmas Flower.
Paperplay - 2 patterned papers, 1 ribbon and 3 buttons
Pollycraft Monday Challenge - No cards allowed (hope I'm in time Paula)
Saturday Challenge - Four Seasons (pick one or all of the seasons - I chose Winter)
Stampin B's Design Challenge - Anything except a card
Phew! I make that 18 challenges.  I love it when the challenges compliment each other like this - don't you?

37 comments:

  1. Wow Dawn,

    You have taken the challenge crown again. This is absolutely gorgeous and you have put so much work into it. Love the colour theme and the tag - great idea.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful hanger, I love the colours. Thanks for taking part again in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Dawn

    Gorgeous door hanger, love the blue colours, and how you have managed to follow a sketch on something that is nothing like a card, very clever.

    Thanks for joining us this week at MCFC.

    Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous

    thanks for joining us this week on SCSC & ABC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn, darlin this is awsome!! As you may know I adore anything that hangs lol...I guess thats alot of me these days haha.

    This is just too gorgeous. I wanted to thank you for my lovely award you lil angel. I will get around to posting it hun. Im such a bad blogger sometimes so pls forgive me.
    Hugs
    Lisa.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again to the challenge queen this door hanger is soooo fab thanks for joining us at MTTC again hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab doorhanger - love the colour - thank you for joining in again with MTTC x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea and take on the ABC Challenge, thanks for joining in with us, Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dawn, what a cute door hanger. The image is adorable and the papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dawn - you have created a beautiful door hanger - good on you for giving something new a try - I think you have done an amazing job - I love the colours you have chosen - it all works beautifully - thanks for joining us at MCFC and good luck in the draw. Shell x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow a stunner Thank you for joining Magical crafts Challenge
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely doorhanger, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

    Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Dawn 18 challenges!! Well done you. This doorhanger is wonderful - Love what you have done, the Pyramage, the Acetate, everything!
    Thanks for joining us at MCFC this time, Good luck!
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful door hanger Dawn, absolutely love the colours, the flowers the papers, it all just works fabulously, thanks for playing at MCFC, love Steph

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful, and perfect for this weeks challenge. Thanks for playing with Charisma.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous door hanger,love the blues and the snoflakes are fabulous,thanks for joining us at pollycraft:)

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow Dawn I can't believe you have managed to enter you door hanger in to so many challenges, well done you. I love the door hanger it fits in well with out recipe over at MCFC. Thank you for joining in.

    Carol Ann XX

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Dawn, gorgeous doorhanger, well done on fitting in so many challenges.
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Dawn

    A great door hanger.

    I love the hidden label!

    Well done on fitting your creation into so many challenges too.

    Thank you for playing along with Allsorts this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't believe you managed 18 challenges--that must be a record! I love your project--such vibrant colors and lovely vintage style! Thank you for joining us at EAC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oops, I meant PaperPlay above--sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Dawn,

    WOW, this is stunning, colour scheme is beautiful,
    Good luck.
    Thanks for playing at MCFC.
    Hugs Angel

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely door hanger Dawn, Thanks for joining in the challenge at MTTC again this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very stunning door hanger. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow 18 challenges you have been a busy blogger. I am exhausted just reading your challenge entries lol.

    big hugs clare x

    ReplyDelete
  26. A lovely take on the challenge...great papers!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great hanger... amazing number of challenges in one project, well done. Thanks for joining us over at Paperplay.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the door hanger and the vintage look of it!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is a gorgeous door hanger and I really love the way the papers work with the snowman image it's gorgeous
    Thanks for joining us at MCFC

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is fab!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my goodness your door hanger is incredibly beautiful! There are so many little details to take in....stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Creatilicious...hope you'll join us again next month.


    Abby:)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a pretty door hanger!!! What a great idea and fantastic project!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great Door hanger - thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hiya, love what you've done with the hanger. The colours are absolutely gorgeous and I love everyting 'bout it! Thanks for joining in the fun at MCFC

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous,love the colours and your beautiful flowers!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious.
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.