Pages

.

.

Sunday 29 November 2009

Red and Green at Tellen's Place!

Hi folks,
This card is for the challenge over at Tellen's place.  A new blog on the block with some fabulous digi's on offer.  Terri gave us another freebie to use this time and also added the extra challenge of using Red and Green - well it is nearly Christmas!
So here is the card I made using the freebie Santa's helper image:

I have coloured her in using my green colour sketch brush from Art Kure, watercolour pencils and the red Sakura Gelly Glaze pen, and then chalked around the edge of the image with red chalk.

The backing papers are from my stash.  I cut out an oval using the Fiskars shape cutter and cut it in half to place half at the top and the other half at the bottom of the image.  I used a corner punch to punch all four corners and have layered the image on green mirri card. 

I used some holographic stickers and stuck them onto acetate  before cutting them out.  I stuck three of them together using a brad and then adhered them with silicone glue to raise them up a little.  Then I used three hand punched snowflakes in red holographic card and stuck those at the bottom.

I hope you like the card I have made for this challenge, I enjoyed making it.  As the challenge at Crafty Cardmakers is Clear as Day I shall enter this there too.
Incidentally I missed the first challenge but I had the card all ready and made - I just forgot to post it in time to enter the challenge. 
Can't wait for challenge 3 Terri - bring it on!!

6 comments:

  1. What a delightful card filled with such wonderful embellishments. You did a fab job coloring! Thank you for playing at Tellen's Place.
    ~Terry
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn

    Great card and love the way you have coloured her. Like all the embellies too. That flower is great.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love her, brilliant colouring, thank you for joining us at crafty cardmakers xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous design dawn, really lovely and colouring is fab x

    Thanks for joining us at crafty cardmakers x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card hun thanks for playing with us at Tellen's place

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ya Dawn... like her in green... Thanks for joining us at Tellens place... see you next time i hope.
    hugs lynx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.