Pages

.

.

Friday 20 November 2009

A child is born!!

Hello all,
Boy do these Fridays come round quick or what??  But oh I'm soooo glad they do because it means it's Freebie day at Digital Delights.  Hop on over to Digital Delights and click on the link for either SNR or Paper Craft Plant to pick up your Freebie Friday image.  This week Wendy has continued on the Christmas theme - and come up with this adorable image:


I just love this image, so beautiful!  Now I felt a bit bad about not having time to create a card with last week's freebie so I am more organised this week and here is the card I have come up with:
 
The backing papers are from a Christmas stack I bought several years ago and which had fallen to the bottom of my craft stash (shame on me!) the ribbon down the middle I think I recycled from a gift box a couple of years ago.  The sentiment is from a Readicut multipack and the gold bow is from my stash.  I have coloured the image using Distress Inks and watercolour pencils (although this time I used the paintbrush method rather than pencil to paper) and then chalked the background.  The star is glittered onto glue and the "rays" are gold stickles glue.  Here is a close up of the image for you:

 
I have used the sketch over at Delightful Sketches and will enter this card for their sketch challenge.
So hop on over to Digital Delights and pick up your "A Child is Born" freebie today!  

13 comments:

  1. wonderful job with such a sweet image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card!!!
    hugs,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet image and love this card. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! Great job on the sketch too!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done!! Glad to see you at Delightful Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card i adore it and love the star ty for the following tip i will remember that next time i cant see for looking. love your blog jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dawn

    This is absolutely gorgeous. You have coloured the image perfectly.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh very nice card !!!
    thanks for your visit in my blog !!!
    hugs coco

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, such a gorgeous image.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, don't feel bad about not using the freebie I didn't get mine poted till today either lol
    Thanks for playing along with Delightful Sketches
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabby job Dawn!! Good to see you join in with us at Delightful Sketches too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you could join us at Delightful Sketches. I love your card and that you even used our freeby. :))Love it. Thanks for playing with us.

    Rosalien

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job with the freebie. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.