Pages

.

.

Thursday 12 November 2009

Birthday card for my friend.

Hi all,
Just one of two quick posts tonight.  This is a card I have made for a friend at work.  She is one of those people who is always starting a diet but never quite makes it past lunchtime!!!  I love her to pieces.  Happy Birthday Carol!

The image I have used is from Mo's Digital Pencil - as soon as I saw it I knew it would fit for Carol!!  I have coloured it in using a technique I have acquired after seeing a tutorial on Janet's blog over at Pink Gems - thanks Janet, I will be using this technique alot.  She used Distress Inks and a water brush and I hope you will agree it is very effective!  Pop on over to Pink Gem and have a look - very clever.

The red DP is from a Hot off the Press Cardmaker's Creative Pad - Classic and the flock effect paper is from Laura Ashley.  The flower I have made myself using my two flower punches using holographic paper and red card.  The buttons are from my stash.  The tag is one I made myself and the sentiment printed on it is a birthday sentiment from Paula at Pollycraft.  The ribbon is again from my craft stash.
So the challenges this fits are as follows:
CRAFT Challenge - 1 tag, 1 sentiment and 1 ribbon
My time to Craft - Tags so much
Paperplay Challenge- 2 patterned papers, 1 ribbon and 3 buttons
Sketch and Stash - Sketch number 23 and my stash is my distress inks, neglected but with new found love and life.

17 comments:

  1. The image is so cute, and I love the colors and details in this fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with us at PaperPlay this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

    Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this did make me laugh. What a fantastic iamge and I love the colours you have chosen

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, great colours and great sentiment. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card Dawn and such a cute image!
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love that image he is so cute. Thanks for joining in the challenge at MTTC this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Dawn, lovely image! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaww how cute - thanks for joining in MTTC challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a cutie love it thanks for joing us at MTTC hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dawn lovely card thank you so much for joining in with the challenge your blog is fab!!! I am now a follwer please feel free to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. this week with your fab project for our recipe challenge! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, love the image.
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, I really love that image! Thanks for joining us at CRAFT and good luck!

    Rose x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super card Chuck!
    Thank you for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T!
    Hugs,
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love Mo's images and you have coloured it beautifully. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT challenge this week, you've made a gorgeous card. Good luck in the draw.
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Dawn ,, I love this image and the papers ae lovely :-)

    Thanks for joining the Sketch and Stash Challenge :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous card Dawn love the cute mouse thanks for joining us at sketch and stash hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.