Pages

.

.

Friday 27 November 2009

White Christmas!

Hello again,
Third post for today and this one was a bit of a challenge or challenges!!  I spotted a challenge over at Allsorts who wanted a project based on a Christmas Carol or Christmas Song - so I chose White Christmas.
The card I made has no backing papers on it at all and so will fit in with the challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Also the challenge at the Corrosive Challenge Blog was "Let's Go To The Movies".  Now White Christmas has got to be one of THE most famous movies ever so I think this will fit in with that challenge.

I stamped a Christmas Tree image (from Barbara at Clarity Stamp) in white ink onto a Green card.  I drew little lines all over the tree with my quickie glue pen and added glitter to the tree.  Using a glue pen at the bottom I randomly drew lines under the tree and covered these with glitter (wanted it to look like snow glistening).  I stamped a sentiment (another stamp from Clarity Stamp) in white ink at the bottom and used a snowflake corner stamp (yes, Clarity Stamp again!) in each of the top corners.  Then I punched out some white snowflakes, small and large and stuck them randomly over the green card.  As the challenge at One Stop Craft Challenge is snowflakes it will fit this too!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn

    You have been a busy bee - well done on so many cards today. This is brilliant. Love the theme too.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job!

    Thanks so much for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn

    White Christmas - brilliant song choice.

    Loving all your lovely snowflakes.

    Thank you for playing along with Allsorts this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm ready for snow! Bring it on! Thanks for playing along with CCBJ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that snowflake corner stamp! Very pretty! Love the soft colors. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dawn, Great card! It is very wintery.

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Great job with the challenge. Thanks for playing with us on CCBJ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. I love the clarity christmas tree stamp - it is so effective.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice!! Yo did a gorgeous job with this creating your own bg papers! What a lovely tree too!

    Thanks for playing along with us over at Penny's Challenges, and we hope you'll join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card!!!!
    thanks for joining us over at Penny's Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Alison.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great take on the Penny Challenge! Love all the lacey white snowflakes and glittery goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great take on the Penny Challenge! Love all the lacey white snowflakes and glittery goodness!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.