Pages

.

.

Tuesday 17 November 2009

A Bird in the Hand

Good evening all,
I had a birthday card to make for a very good friend of mine who hasn't had the best of times over the last 12 months so I wanted it to be a bit special. 
I knew exactly which image I wanted to use and that was a Peacock that I was lucky enough to win from the fab new blog over at the Rusty Pickle - thanks Michelle!  I decided I wanted it to be primarily blue in colour so picked all my papers/gems and ink colours with that in mind.
So here is the card I made:

 I based my card on the sketch over at CraftyCatz and turned it round slightly.  I used my Lighthouse & More Shape Cutter to cut out the image and coloured it in using watercolour pencils, sakura gelly glaze pens, distress inks and a watercolour brush and promarkers.  I chalked the background with blue chalk and sprayed it all with a bit of hairspray to "seal" the chalk.  The papers are all from the same Hot off the Press paper stack called Sapphire.  The gems are from my stash and the sentiment is from a set I bought from Readicut.  The three flowers I bought from Hobbycraft yonks ago and I love them because they have pearls in them.   Here are a couple of closes ups of the image and the flowers.


This card will fit in with four challenges:
CraftyCatz    -   Sketch
Cupcake Craft Challenge   -   Digital Images
Ooh la la Challenge    -   Monochrome
Pile it On     -      3 flowers and 5 pearls (at least!!!)
Please leave me your comments - I love to read them all!

14 comments:

  1. Very Beautiful!! You did a wonderful job!

    I Love Love Love your colors!!

    I've added a link if you are interested in how to extend the feathers.. Just something fun t try.

    Again this is soooo pretty!
    I love the teal against the blues!

    http://shellsaddicted.typepad.com/addicted_to_rubber/2009/05/i-was-feeling-creative-and-decided-to-make-a-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn
    A beautiful card using the sketch,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz this week,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card i love the image just perfect i bet your friend loves it, thanks for playing along at cupcake this week hugs pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card, love the detail. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz. Suzie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn, thank you so much for entering my Celebration Blog Candy!
    Your card is super cute, love the colour combo you have chosen. Since Stampin Up have bought out Peacock b/p ive had a thing for them, love this digi image, will have to go and have a look!

    Love emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooh so pretty. Thanks for playing this week with Pile it on! I hope you join us again.

    Jennifer
    PIO DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello, lovely card, thanks for joining in with crafty catz, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card!! Love the colors!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is soooo pretty, and the embellishments finish it off nicely thank you so much for joining us at Ooh La La this week, hope to see you again
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dawn,

    I love how you have used this image. Peacocks are so ornate and you have coloured it beautifully. Your friend is sure to love it.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dawn, what a beautiful card. The image is gorgeous and the colour scheme is perfect. The flower is stunning. Thanks for joining in with my theme of 'digital' over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabbilicous card, love the gorgeous colours and layout! Thanks for joining in the digi image fun at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the 3D effect of that flower w/ the pearls!

    Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

    -- dalis
    PIO Owner

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous card, perfect for this week's challenge. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.