Pages

.

.

Friday 27 November 2009

Freebie Friday!

Hello everyone.
I can't believe we are nearly at the end of November!!  Where has the year gone?
The weeks seem to rush by so quickly these days I guess I must be getting old(er)! LOL
Before I go any further I must mention that Wendy is having a huge 30% off sale over at Digital Delights.  Just click on the link in my sidebar to take you there - well worth a visit.
Anyway, it's Friday again and you know that means a Freebie over at Digital Delights.  This week Wendy has given us this delightful Peekin Elf - ain't he cute?

Well, I just couldn't resist making a card with him now could I?  So here it is:

I have used a red glittery swirl paper at the back and a green/red candy stripe paper at the foreground both of which are from Digiscraps 3.  I coloured in the image using my Sakura Gelly Glaze pens, Art Kure water paintbrush, metallic pencils and promarkers.  I used some green stickles glitter glue for the bobble on his hat.  I chalked around the outside to soften the edges and also around the candle flame (although I'm not sure you can quite see this in the piccy).
Now you know me - can't make a card without putting it in for some challenges so these are the ones I have chosen for this image:
Charisma Cardz Challenge     -     Anything Christmas
Colour Create Challenge        -     Red Green and White
Crazy 4 Challenges                -     I used their latest sketch number 12
Creative Card Crew              -     Favourite things (my Digital Delights images and my chalks)
Dare U 2 Digi Stamp             -     Use Glitter
Lots to do                             -     Free theme
Papertake Weekly                -     Christmas Crackers
Pollycraft Monday                -     Christmas theme
So that's eight challenges for this card.
So pop on over to Digital Delights, click on the Freebie Friday tab at the top of the page and this will give you instructions on how to obtain your freebie image.  Join up and follow Wendy's Digital Delights group at PCP or SNR Universe and he's yours for the taking.  Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. Great card and congratulations of filling so many challenges with one card. This is stunning. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card Dawn

    Thanks for joining in the Lotstodo Challenge x Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww such a a lovely card and an adorable image,thansk for joining us at pollycraft:)


    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this image Dawn, hope I get to use him. Great colourful card, love the candy paper.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card...and thank you for the heads up on the FREEBIE Friday..
    Thank you for joining us at Colour Create. hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic creation!! Lovely and christmassy!!

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz - good luck!

    Hugs
    Leanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, Dawn
    The image is adorable, love your colours and details.
    Thanks for joining us for the Colour Create Challenge.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww this is gorgeous Dawn and so cute thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous Christmas card, lovely colours. Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week. Good luck.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute card, thanks for playing along at Charisma this week
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and such a sweet image! Love your colouring and design too. Glad you could join us at DU2DS this time. Chris :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.