Pages

.

.

Sunday 24 January 2010

Creative Inspirations DT Card

Hello all.
This week is my first week as a Guest Designer for Creative Inspirations.  This week's challenge is based on the sketch as shown below:


When I first saw this sketch - I thought yikes!  But I read a blog somewhere that said treat each sketch one piece at a time - so that's exactly what I did.  I chose all my DP first and then placed them onto a blank piece of paper to see how it all looked and then set to work on my image.  I chose an image called Carousel by M&M Designz and you can find this image, along with many other fabulous images, over at the Digital-Ink Co store and click on the Creators tab at the top of the page.

The base paper is some purple sparkly paper from my stash and the gingham paper is from a Funky Fairy Kit that I won in the Fab n Funky Challenges - although sadly Shaz decided to close the doors at Funky Fairy so I don't think you can get this any more.  The purple polka dot is ribbon I bought from Hobbycraft before Christmas and the brads are from my stash.


The purple double bow at the top is from a Birthday RAK present I received last week.  I have coloured the image using sparkly gel pens, sakura gelly glaze pens, watercolour pencils and ordinary pencils.


I used two self adhesive flat gems on the canopy just to add a little something different and I used silicone gel to raise the image and give it some shape.  I shall also enter this card into the following challenges at:

A Spoon Full of Sugar which is layering.
Bee Crafty - Downloads - Favourite colour combo (purple and pink)
Cooking it up with Katie - Non Human image/add some texture (gelly glaze pens, brads and gems) and use something you've never used before (including a stamp or digi image) - mine is the image and the gingham papers - both of which are new.
Crafty Cardmakers - What's new (use something new - as I said above)
I Love Digi Challenge - DT call
Raise the Bar - The Gift that keeps on giving (my RAK'd ribbon and my prize digi papers)
Saturday Challenge - Inspirational Photo (I went with the colour - purple)

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job Dawn!
    That was a hard sketch and you turned out a fabulous card!
    Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Dawn!!! I LOVE the color purple and you've used it exquisitely here!! Awesome job!! Thanks for joining us at Raise The Bar. We hope you'll join in on the fun again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Dawn... love the purples, my favourite colour lol! Thanks for your entry for the DT call at I Love Digi :)Good luck xx

    Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely purple card for your purple blog...I love purple :) Thanks for joining in the fun at Raise the Bar this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dawn

    This is a stunning card, that image is so gorgeous and our favourite colour, yummy.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another lovely card Dawn
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning card Dawn, i really lean towards purple, you have done a wonderful job with this, thank you for playing along with us at crafty cardmaker xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning! Well done!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Dawn I love how this matches your blog!! heehee! I started using purple this weekend too, must be some type of buzz in the air with Spring approaching. Thank you for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and fab colours.
    Thank you for joining in the SCSC this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card, I especially love the papers you've used.
    Jack (Crafty Cardmakers)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous card and I'm going to check out your link to get me a carousel!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Dawn, well done on the GDT spot - you've done a fabby job with the sketch, it does look a bit tricky!

    I love your take on our colour challenge. The image is stunning and beautifully coloured too! Thanks for joining us this week on SCSC and good luck in the draw

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, love the beautiful image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  17. Charming card and great use of colour. Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.