Pages

.

.

Monday 4 January 2010

Baby's First Birthday - Commission

Hello all,
Regular visitors amongst you will remember that I made a Baby's 1st Christmas card (which won me a prize by the way - how cool is that!!)  Well this card is for the same Baby's 1st birthday (which is in February - aren't I the organised one!)


The image is one from Sugar Nellie and when I saw it I just had to have it - isn't this just such a cute image.  I haven't used a sketch for this card, rather  -  went with the flow.  I used a lemon card as my base and then a piece of dark pink cardstock.  Onto this I layered a piece of K & Co DP from a pack called Sparkly Sweet.


The image is coloured using blending pencils and ordinary pencils and the edge of the card is chalked with pearlescent chalk (which you should just about be able to see has a lovely sparkly finish to it).  I then added some flowers that came in a candy win (thanks Terry) and used a "1 today" digi stamp from Birds Cards - some great freebie images - you should take a look  which is also coloured using Sakura Gelly Glaze pen and pearlescent chalk. (I remember now - I got the link to Birds Cards from Allison at Stampin When I can - she has quite a few links to freebie images so if you haven't already - you should go check it out)
I am entering this card into the challenge at Charisma which is Celebrations (1st birthday celebration) and also the challenge at Colour Create which is lemon and lime.

11 comments:

  1. Oh what a cutie. Love the colour combo hun.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are super organised this year. Arrans 3rd birthday is 2nd feb so going to try and make his next week as I ordered monster boy from squiggles and giggles blog yesterday. I love your card I wanted this stamp but out of stock at mo.

    hugs Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous card Dawn, love the cutie baby and layout...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable. Fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at our Charisma Cardz Birthday Blog Hop Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to stop by and welcome you to the DICo team but have to comment on your stunning card! Also thanks for the heads up on the freebies!
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am delighted to meet you and I am delighted that you stopped by my blog early today I will always now support all you do as a "team mate" of mine! I am so looking forward to my post on this DT making projects etc! I have still to put my badges etc on my blog as I was out today I have still to have a good look at your blog too, but I like what I have seen! I do hope you will support me too in this new road I have taken, support of my fellow team means a lot to me. Look forward to getting to know you better I am off now to follow your blog so I do not miss your projects you do
    Hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card
    Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh this is so cute babes - luv it!
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dawn,Gorgeous card lovin the image super cute now wonder you had to have it,thanks for telling me about the think ink challenge i have now entered it lol.
    Big Hugzz Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw super cute card and sooo gorgeous. Love the image and colours.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Lovely card and really cute image! thanks for joining Colour Create this week!

    Hugs Di xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.