Pages

.

.

Monday 25 January 2010

Ooh La La - Take #2

Hi everyone,
Well this is my second challenge for Ooh La La and I have to say this is probably going to be my most difficult.  This fortnights challenge is to use distressing on your card somewhere!! OM Gosh, I don't do distressing very well but hey, that's what challenges are all about - stretching yourself to do things you don't normally do - so without further ado, here is the card I have made for this challenge. (Sorry about the flash!!)

Now I had the choice of whether to use Beautiful Baby from the Kiddiwinks CD or Orange Margarite from the Fleur D'imagination for this challenge (both of which you will find in the store), so I chose to use Beautiful Baby.  I decided to go for a gatefold card on this occasion - don't know why - just fancied a change from the norm I guess.  I chose a piece of sage green card for my  base card and used my Multiscore Board to make my gatefold card.  Then I used one of the DL inserts from the CD for the inside of the card and cut it so that the baby image appeared but not the lines down the side.

Then I used a sheet of green vellum and a couple of different backing sheets from the CD and layered these onto the panels of the card having first distressed all the edges.


I used a hole punch and eyelet setter to make two sets of holes in the flaps and secured two pieces of cord type fibre in order to have a bow tied at the top and bottom of the image on the front. 


Again I distressed the edges of the image and curled the corners slightly before layering it onto the backing card and I used to sage green and silver brads to tuck the picture under when the card is closed.  I hope you like it.  Please hop on over to Ooh La La Creations to see what the rest of the DT have come up with this week and please leave me a comment to let me know you popped by here too.  I shall also enter this card into the challenge at La La Lands which is Fancy Folds (Gatefold)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn

    Good on you doing something different, fun isn't it!!! This is gorgeous and that baby is to cute.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dawn, that is just to cute, what a lovely gift for someone with a new bundle of joy...how creative that is...excellent job hun
    hugz
    stitchy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dawn, just had to stop in from my lurking spot (google reader) and say hello and tell you how adorable this card really is. I love Love Love this image and you did a wonderful job "distressing", even if you think you aren't good at it. Great job sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.