Pages

.

.

Tuesday 26 January 2010

Have you noticed the new badge in my sidebar??

Hello my blogging buddies,
Well, I can't believe it - Heather has asked me to be a DT member for The Rusty Pickle.  If you haven't been there yet then you really should give it a look see - there are some fab digi images with more on the way from the very talented Michelle.
Anyway, The Rusty Pickle have decided to do a challenge on a Tuesday and it is called Tart and Tangy Tuesdays.  Each week there will be a different theme, either a colour challenge or a sketch and you will be able to win some fab digi images.
So this Tuesday's Tart and Tangy challenge is Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue (all are Stampin' Up colours but please feel free to substitute the nearest colours you have in your stash)
So without further ado, here is my card for this week's challenge. 

I have based it on the sketch over at Tellen's Place;

and will also enter it into the challenge at Rainbow Lady's Challenges which this week is Fur and/or Feathers.
The image is called Bunny and Skunk and is available at The Rusty Pickle.  I coloured the image with watercolour pencils and chalked around the image with pearlescent chalk (hopefully as near to Certainly Celery as possible). 


I then used the other colours for the bottom three bands on the sketch.

13 comments:

  1. Very Well done hun Hope I a the first to say Massive CONGRATULATIONS

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so glad to have you on the team!! Lovely card...it's an adorable image!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's difficult to imagine a skunk ever being adorable, but I love this image - it's so adorable with those eyes - doesn't look like a stinker at all! ;D Great take on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Tellen's Place! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. First let me say congrats! Second your card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card! Great use of the sketch! Thank you for joining us this week over at Tellen's Place... Be sure to join us tomorrow for our BLOG HOP!

    Hugs,
    Michelle B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dawn or should I say Teamy!!! I am so glad you could join us and play along with the fab digis. Cute skunk isn't he? Love your soft colours.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Layout on this care and the color are so sweet and calming. Look forward to working with you at the RP. Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those DT calls just keep on coming lol!!! Great card and good luck with your challenges.


    hugs Clare

    p.s. Thankyou for my congrats over at a spoonfull of sugar, you are just a sweetie.

    p.p.s I would love to see a piccy of you!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dawn!! :0)
    this is sooo adorable, i just love that skunk image. you did a fabulous job with that sketch. love all the shimmer on the paper.
    Have a Great Day!!!
    hugs,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card and cute image. WEll done too on DT. Thanks for playing Love Cynthia xX

    ReplyDelete
  11. A cute skunk image on a beautiful card! Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with me at Tellen's Place

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! This is great. I love all the shimmery paper. It looks so pretty. Your coloring is so nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dawn you did a great job on this creation!!! I love that Skunk image!!!

    We are so glad to welcome you to the RP Team and can not wait to see more of your lovely creations and get to know you better!!!

    Wonderful job on your first Tart and Tangy Tuesdays!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.