Pages

.

.

Monday 11 January 2010

Ooh La La DT card.

Hello all,
Well, you may remember some time ago I told you I had been lucky enough to be asked to be a Guest Designer for Ooh La La Creations.  I was so honoured to have been asked as I think their designs are so elegant.  Anyway, the first challenge I have taken part in is for Challenge number 45 and the theme was to "Create a Scene". 
I decided to make a Side-Step card as I had seen alot of these around and thought they looked stunning.  I'm not sure I will be making very many of these as there is alot of measuring involved and it is quite time consuming - HOWEVER I do think it is a nice idea for a very special card.  So here is the card I made:


I was given images and papers from the Femme Fatale CD Cafe Break (which you can find at the Ooh La La store) which reminded me of one of those hotel cocktail lounges with the big palms all around them.  So hopefully that is the look that I have gone for with my card.  I used black card as the base of the side step card and then printed off my image from the Pyramage section and layered it onto silver card which I then adhered to the back "V". 


I used a piece of silver card which I stamped a vine onto in black (although you can't see much of it and then added a piece of red card onto which I stamped a large fern leaf  - another of my stamps from Clarity Stamp -  in black. 

I then took a stamp from Clarity Stamp called "The Paisley Drop" and using an embossing pad stamped it onto shiny card and then embossed it with Silver Pearl embossing powder.  I then cut it out and added it to the middle "V" to look like a free standing plant. 


I stamped a Happy Birthday sentiment in black onto silver card and added that to the front.  I printed off a sheet from the toppers section (several times) and used the small square image of the two ladies and folded it "Tea Bag" style to form a decoration for the side panel.  I added a red rose to the middle of the design just to give it a bit of focus.  I hope you like my efforts and please don't forget to go along to the Ooh La La Challenge blog site and see what the other DT members have come up with.  I will also be entering this card in to the challenge at Fab n Funky which is "anything for any occasion".

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful card...love the style..These cards do take a lot of making but certainly worth it..
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow missed this last night as looked at new challenge blog will try to get time to "hop" today
    That card is STUNNING what a lot of work! well done its just the bees knee's!

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done hun great sidestep card and when you get used to doing them they get a lot easier to do.
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous. Loks so complicated. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is soooooo amazing hun, what a work of art and I love the colours. Great GD card and well done with the sidestep card it is really effective.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh this is a stunning card, Marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh la la Dawn!! You have certainly come up trumps with this card so much attention to detail. The choice of bold colours is striking just love it.

    take care will email you soon

    hugs clare x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.