Pages

.

.

Thursday 12 August 2010

Softpencil entertains a Flower and a Ladybug!

Time once again for another Softpencil Thursday my friends.  This week we are showcasing the beautiful digi image called Flower and Ladybug - and here is the card I made using this sweet little image.
I coloured the image with my promarkers and added gold stickles to the middle of the flower and crystal stickles to the ladybug (sadly they spread whilst drying :( )
I backed the image onto some pale yellow shiny card and then used some DP that I got in a RAK some time ago, one piece for the main backing and a contrasting piece for the top left corner. 
I added a dufex sentiment backed onto the same pale yellow card and a fabric flower topped with a white flower sat on top of a leaf to finish it off.
I am quite pleased with how this turned out and I hope you like it to.  If you hop over to the Softpencil blog you will find the links of the rest of the DT as I know they have some fab projects to show you too.
I am going to enter this card into the latest challenge at C.R.A.F.T. where their challenge is Mini Beasts (Insects) - I think my ladybug counts!!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn

    Love the big flower to go with the image lovely idea.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card. The little ladybug is so cute and the butterflies make the paper!
    Thank you so much for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
    Hugs,
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so cute and summery. I love the little bits of added glitter.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Just gorgeous! Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn, what a beautiful and super sweet card! Darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card - those papers are gorgeous! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It´s a beautiful card Dawn!!! I love those stickles, they made a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous! love the colors and just everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is one gorgoues,card hun so much detail too love it hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! The "scene" is perfect for you wonderfully colored image!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely card! Great colours.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, love the image and the pretty papers!

    Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck.

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Dawn, how sweet is this card, love the papers and the cute image. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week with your lovely creation.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous project for our mini beast challenge - lovely mix of imagery! Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.