Pages

.

.

Monday 9 August 2010

Fluffy Bunny is feeling blue at Die Cut Dreams!!

Well, actually, not feeling blue - he is blue!!  Hehe.  The challenge this week over at Die Cut Dreams Challenge blog is to use fabric - ribbon and edging don't count - you have to use something else too.  Of course you can still use ribbon and edging but you also have to use other fabric too!  I was a bit daunted by this challenge as I don't normally use fabric and the like - but that is the fun part of the challenge - making you think outside the box and do something you wouldn't normally do.
So, I rummaged through my craft boxes and found some blue sparkly lace/net fabric that I bought at one of the Hobbycraft shows at the NEC one November and have never used!  Perfect for a Christmas card I thought - so without further ado - here is the card I made for this challenge:
I stuck my fabric over a piece of card and secured it at the back and then stuck it to my card blank.  Then I added two pieces of sticky ribbon behind the die cut before sticking the die cut to the card.  Oh yes, I put three snowflake brads through the die cut before I stuck it down too.
The image I used is called Christmas Fluffy Bunny and is from Bee Crafty - it was an image I got for winning one of their challenges - cute ain't he??  I coloured him in with my promarkers and used a Sakura gelly glaze pen for the ribbon he is holding.  I used my Quickie glue pen to add some dark blue glitter to the baubles and then cut it out and adhered it to the fabulous Die Cut - which as I am sure you will know by now is available at the fabulous Susie Sugar's store Die Cut Dreams.  I now don't know how I would make my cards without these fabulous Die Cuts - I love 'em to bits.
I added a printed Yuletide sentiment at the bottom left of the card and a bead snowflake at the top right to finish off.  I hope you like my card and please remember to visit all the Dream Team's blogs to see what they have on offer for you.  Hop on over to the challenge blog and click on the names above the cards to take you to their blogs - you will be bowled over - they are such a talented bunch - and I feel very honoured to be a part of their wonderful Dream Team.  (I will put the links in my sidebar when I have a minute to spare - honest I will)
Anyway, I look forward to seeing all your wonderful creations and I wish you good luck with your entry.

7 comments:

  1. Stinning card, beautiful image and love the net fabric.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous use of fabric Dawn and what a cute wee bunny. I love your beaded snowflake and all the glitz.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous creation Dawn, Love the way you've used the fabric.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely - that fabric is gooorgeous! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn this is delightful darling and I totallt love that beaded snowflake its got fab detail and that sparkly fabric is TDF
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful card!
    I love the colours, this image is so cute and that fabric is absolutely fantastic.

    Hugs,
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just one word-Beautiful- The snowflakes are perfect and bunny is too darn cute
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.