Pages

.

.

Monday 16 August 2010

Want to come and Tag along with us at Die Cut Dreams?

Then all you have to do is make a Tag!  Before I get on to telling you more about the challenge let me first say thank you once again for all your stunning entries into our Fabric challenge!  Wow can you all use fabric or what.  Nip on over to the DCD Challenge blog and see if you were amongst our winners this week.
So, on to our new challenge which is to either make a Tag and embellish it or include a Tag or Tags on your card to be in with a chance of winning our challenge this week.  Now obviously that isn't much of a challenge is it?? So to make life more interesting.....................NO STAMPING!!  That's right, no stamping whatsoever, digital or rubber!!  Now believe you me this was a real challenge - I lost count of the amount of times I reached for a stamp!!  Some time ago I bought a craft book called "Tag Art" which was full of little kits to make cards featuring tags so I used this to make my card... and here it is:
I cut out several different elements from the book and then arranged them on the card before securing.  I raised up the larger butterfly using silicone and did the same with the little flower on the round tag.
I tied a piece of glitter thread around the flower strip before sticking it down.
I added small pieces of ribbon with my stapler to the other two tags and then adhered those to the card using sticky pads. 
Not my usual style of card but I am quite pleased with how it turned out.  Mind you I do have to tell you, you must make sure you are sitting down when you visit the other Dream Team members (links are on the Design Team tab at the top of the page) as some of their creations are truly breathtaking - look out for the snowflake tag and you'll see what I mean!  Puts mine well and truly in the shade that one!!!
Well have fun making your tags everyone and we all look forward to seeing your fabulous creations again at Die Cut Dreams.
I shall enter this card into the challenges at:
Flutter By Wednesdays - Open Theme (must include a butterfly, angel or fairy)
I Did It Creations - Anything Goes
Penny's Paper Craft Challenge - Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's. Good Luck!

    ~Courtney~
    PPCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous. I love it. Thanks for joining us this week at I Did It Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful creation. Your butterflies are exquisite!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week at Flutter By Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful - thank you for joining us at I Did It Creations this week
    Hugs Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these are fabulous hun, great colours and images.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.