Pages

.

.

Thursday 5 August 2010

Challenge #8 at Aud Sentiments - "Relax"

Hello everyone,
Time once more for a new challenge over at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog.  Firstly can I say a huge thank you to those of you who entered our last challenge.  I hope you all liked the new linking system as this makes life so much easier for the Design Team when we are picking our winner and top 3.
Anyways our next challenge is to use the word "Relax" somewhere on your creation.  It doesn't have to be a card, it can be anything you like but it must have the word RELAX on it somewhere. 
Our sponsor this fortnight is Sassy Studio Designs and the prize they are offering is 4 digi's of your choice.
So without further ado, here is the card I made for this challenge:
This image is called Cocoa Carol and as soon as I saw her I knew I wanted her to be sat in a big brown chair because it reminded me of one at my Grandma's house when I was a kid (and yes, I CAN still remember it!!)
I have used papers from Papermania Capsule collection called Sunshine and backed this onto pale orange card.  I used a round die cut available from the fabulous Die Cut Dreams.
The sentiment is one I made using some clear acrylic letter stamps which I stamped onto a plain piece of card and then drew a border on.  I used orange and lemon chalks to soften the background and also used the chalks around the edge of the white die cut to soften the edges a little.  The flower is from my stash as are the gems.
I will enter this card into the following challenges:
My Time to Craft Challenge - Let's eat Cake or Drink it up (I went with drink)
Ann's Creative Nook - Are U Thirsty?
Remember to hop on over to my teamies blogs (links in my sidebar) and have a look see at what they've got to show you, I just know you'll love 'em all.  Until next time blogging buddies.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn

    Mmmmmm love all the yummy chocolate colours - nice warm feeling. Great flower too.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just great - I love how you told us about your grandmother's chair - so cute!

    That dp is rather fabby too

    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the papers that you used and the layout of your card is FAB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn love the colour combo and the flower is so very pretty. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card and I just the image of the lady on the couch, she does look so relaxed..and I love the flower it is so pretty :) Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love your color choices. The warm colors are very relaxing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card, love the colours! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.