Pages

.

.

Sunday 15 August 2010

Totally Tilda - In Stitches!!

Well, sort of anyway.  Hello Tilda lovers everywhere, time once again for another fantastic challenge at Totally Tilda.  This next challenge is to include stitching - be it real or fake (or faux if you want to be posh!) 
Firstly though I have to thank each and everyone of you who entered our last challenge to use Tilda on a shaped card.  Wow, were there ever some fabulous shapes - I have never seen such a wide variety and some of them were really, really clever, well done to all of you.  Remember to visit the Totally Tilda challenge blog and see if you were our lucky winner (one of my personal favourites I must say) or one of our top 3.
Our wonderful Susie Sugar is sponsoring this next challenge and the Prize is a mystery colour selection of her shaped cards on stands worth approx £10 , they are like the ones the DT girls used in the last challenge (challenge #2) to make their DT cards.

So, onto my card for this challenge.  Now I'm no fan of sewing - ask anyone - sewing - yuk!!  Not much of a domestic goddess I have to admit but I thought I'd give it a go so my card has a mix of real and faux sewing on it and here it is.
So the white "stitching" is fake (as if you needed telling! LOL) and the blue stitching around the edge of the "pages" is real.
I coloured our Tilda Writing Diary with my watercolour pencils and added the creases and accents with promarkers. I used a blue feather for Tilda's quill just for a bit of fun really.
The flowers are from a selection I recently purchased from Jude at Crafts International so thanks again Jude - and so is the leaf, and to the flowers I added a bit of Stickles Crystal glue.   I added a pearl headed pin into the middle of the flowers and then I added a bow to the bottom of the flowers and used a piece of the same ribbon (all purchased from Crafty Ribbons) down the middle of the book like a bookmark. 
I used a printed tag from a Hot Off The Press paper pad and stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment on to it, I added a blue brad just to finish it off. 
The backing paper is from the Papermania Henbury Lane range - one of my most favourite ranges I think.  I finished off with four flat backed adhesive pearls in descending sizes just to finish off. 
I will enter this card into the challenges at:
Wild Orchid Crafts - One for the girls (I know it isn't pink but it's still girly!!)
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - What are little girls made of
Creative Card Crew - Let's get cute and girly
If the Shoe Fits - Die Cuts
Craft Your Days Away - Favourite things (ribbons and flowers)
A Crafty Little Place - Use at least one tag (mine has Happy Birthday stamped on it)
Crafty Cardmakers - Birthdays
Sew Many Challenges - stitching real or faux
Papertake Weekly - Something old, new borrowed and blue (new die cuts, old feathers, blue colours)
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge - Anything Goes
Simon Says - Summertime Blues
Sweet Stampin Challenge - Use your favourite stamp/image (Tilda is definitely now one of my favourite images)
The Beary Scrap Design Team - In stitches
Corrosive Challenge Blog - Faux techniques (stitching)

36 comments:

  1. Dawn your card is gorgeous hun, so sweet, love how you've added the little feather
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn darling I hope you're having a Tilda Tastic Sunday !!!
    your card is amazing I love how you used my shaped open book card and the white stitching is so neat
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I have to say for not liking to sew, you did a pretty fabulous job. I love the book style card. Very pretty! The DP and blue roses are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing over at ACLP:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW, this is stunning! Thanks for joining us at Penny's. Good Luck!

    ~Courtney~
    PPCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Card

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh Dawn !! this is absolutely GORGEOUS !! I love this Tilda ,, soo cute and the book and the papers are lovely ,,, LOVE the quill and the sewing !! everything is FAB !! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the PTW and Simon says Stamp Challenges :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn, I love how you added the book diecut from Susie's shop to the card and that ribbon bookmark detail is awesome!

    xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so, lovely, LOVE the idea of the feather as a quill pen !! brill. Thank you for joining us at PT this week x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I love all the little details that you added to the image. The feather is adorable!! Love how you combined both real and faux stitching.

    Thanks for joining us this week at Sew Many Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Great project here love your colours and papers too
    Thanks for joining our first challenge at CYDA

    Liz xx
    CYDA

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter this week. Suzie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a fun and clever card! i love the colors u used, and tilda on the book is just so innovative! thanks for joinign us at the Shoe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow ,hun this is one beautiful card,the deatail is just super,love that tilda image,hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet & adorable card!! Love the little feather!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ACLP!!
    Sheri-ACLP DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have finally come back to see that you are still as fabulous as ever!! HI DAWN! :D I love this card, your stitching is amazing, what perfect detail for this adorable card. You are so awesome, this is the cutest little design with great embellishments. Thank you so much for joining us with our tag challenge at ACLP this week!
    ~*Joni ACLP DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card, such a pretty design

    Thanks for joining us this week at SCSC
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really sweet card, I love the colours you have chosen!
    Thanks so much for joining our challenge at the Creative Card Crew!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dawn this is a very lovely card. Your Tilda is so cute and the faux stitching is a nice touch. Thanks for playing at A Crafty Little Place this week.

    Smiles!
    Gwen DTC@ACLP

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW, this is fantastic! Thanks for sharing it with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge! Hope to see you again next challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that Tilda's pen actually has a feather on it!! Great idea! :)

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness... this card is gorgeous! I love the details - the feather, the flowers! Awesome!!!

    Thanks for participating in the Stitchy SMC challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tilda looks very comfy with her book (s) and pen! She looks so great! Love the faux stitching! I only know how to sew on cards, myself!

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the use of the blue! such a pretty card! thanks for playing along with us at the shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card, Dawn! I love that feather pen, such a sweet detail!! Thanks for joining us at ACLP, be sure to tune in tomorrow to see the new challenge!! Hope you join us again! Nicole ~ ACLP DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card Dawn, fab colours and adorable Tilda.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  26. aww Dawn this is gorjuss! What a lovely touch with the feather!
    Thanks for joining this week over on Crafty Cardmakers!
    Hugs Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Dawn - this is delightful! I love so many details about this card - the feather, tab and brad on the tag the book shape (!) and the little 3D dots on Tilda's dress. Fabulous!

    Thanks for joining our Beary Sweet "In Stitches" Challenge - good luck!

    Cheers,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW this is super cute I love it. Thanks for joining us for our Beary Sweet Challenge, Good Luck!
    ~Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  29. GORGEOUS!!! TFS with us at SMC!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is one gorgeous card Dawn, all the detail is fantastic. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our first challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is gorgeous Dawn, such pretty detail and I love the flower bouquet.

    Thanks for joining us for our first challenge over at CYDA.

    Hugs

    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh dear I am way behind - sorry again. Just love this creation, the quill is fabulous and love the stitching on teh book.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow - what a fabulous design. I can see why Tilda is one of your favourites! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week! Warmest wishes, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is such a gorgeous card! I love the colors you've used and the shape of your card! And wow on all the challenges you've entered! :) Thank you so much for joining us at The Beary Sweet Challenge!

    Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  35. Stunning creation Dawn, love your book card and beautiful feather detail.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow! what a pretty card and I LOVE the feather tipped pen! Thanks for joining in our Stitches Challenge!

    Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.