Pages

.

.

Saturday 14 August 2010

Happy Birthday YNS!!

Yes, Your Next Stamp is one year old!  To fit in with their birthday their latest challenge is...... yes...... you guessed it.......BIRTHDAYS!!
So I couldn't let this go by without submitting a card for their challenge and what better way to help them celebrate than by using a stamp set that I won on one of their past challenges.  So the stamp set I used is called You're Fabulous and here is the card I made:
A colleague at work asked me for a 17th Birthday card for her niece who likes pink, black and white and fashion.  I thought this fitted the bill rather well. 
I coloured the image with watercolour pencils and Sakura Gelly Glaze pens.  The black paper is from a Paper Cellar pad called, oddly enough, Black and white and the polka dot ribbon is from a Freebie Friday win at Crafty Ribbons.
I used a couple of pink flowers from my stash and hung a stiletto shoe charm from it. 
I also used one of the other stamps (the shoe) and coloured this to match the rest of the card and added this at the bottom.  I printed off the sentiment on my computer and backed this onto the same shocking pink card that I used throughout.
I have to say my colleague was over the moon with the card - it is really fantastic when someone genuinely likes what you make - it makes it all worthwhile.

So I will enter this card into the challenges at:
YNS - Birthdays
Wild Orchid - One for the girls.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! This is fabulous Dawn! Thank you so much for the birthday wishes and for playing along with our YNS challenges!
    Hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card - I'm sure she'll love it! Love the colors and all the 'bellies, especially that shoe charm! Thanks for playing along with us at Your Next Stamp Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.