Pages

.

.

Thursday 24 June 2010

Time for another challenge at I Love Digi - Emboss It!!

Well, once again another fortnight has passed us by and it took with it the longest day!! Boo hoo, the nights will now start to draw in and before you know where you are it will be Christmas!!
So, just in case I lose another fortnight whilst I'm not looking - lets get on with the next challenge at I Love Digi!
Thank you to all of those of you who took part in the last challenge and congratulations to the winner!  Sorry, who was it??  Well you'd better hop on over to the I Love Digi Challenge blog and have a look see - who knows - it could be you!!

So, our sponsor for this challenge is the fabulous Bee Crafty:
And once again the prize for our winner is a choice of 3 fabulous Bee Crafty images:
So, onto my card for this challenge:
I needed to make a very special birthday card for a talented young lady called Alex.  She is the daughter of my bestest crafting buddy Ali, aka Dragonlady (Ali you musn't let Alex read this post until after Saturday hun - don't want to spoil the surprise!).
Well, I was going to do a pink/purple card with a princess on it - but then, oh no!! Ali tells me Alex has gone off pink and purple and is into yellow and bunnies!!  Hey ho, that's children for you.  So brain matter working overtime here....... aha.... I seem to remember a freebie image from Delicious Doodles - yes I did, Flopsy Bunny Birthday Present which is now available to buy at £0.99 and here is the card I made using this image:
Now I coloured the image with my promarkers and embossed every dot on the wrapping paper and the ribbon from the back to make it stand a little proud.  I followed the directions given by Dawn from Dawn's Stamping Thougts for this stepladder card here.  So easy to follow - you really should give it a go!
I embossed his ears and his head so that they were shaped and then adhered the image on to my backing card with Silicone glue.  I used my Cuttlebug to emboss a piece of yellow paper and cut two pieces of this for the side panels.  The two butterflies (purchased from Clarity Stamp) were stamped and embossed with Kaleidescope Glitter - you can't really see the shimmer on the pic - but believe me they do!
I recently purchased some little heart shaped clear plastic letters which I used to add the name on the front and added some flat backed pale green gems to finish it off.  The roses I have attached by feeding the stalks through the top of the "V" so that they look like they are growing!!
I do hope she likes it - I am sooo pleased with it!
So off you all go and create something with embossing on it - dry or wet (or both), your choice!!  Have fun everyone and good luck!
I will also enter this card into the challenges at:
Crafty Creations - We want to see you shine (Kaleidescope Embossing Glitter on the butterflies)
Alphabet Challenge - H is for hearts
Crafts and Me - Birthdays
Crafty Catz - Shaped cards (hope this counts!)
Dare U 2 Digi Stamp - Blooms and Butterflies (Hope the blooms count)
The ABC Challenge - x is for xtra dimension (lots of 3d here)

10 comments:

  1. OMG this is stunning and bother I have seen it. Don't worry Alex is engrossed in other things at the moment - cycling and watching the footy and tennis!!!!
    Your card is super fabulous and she will love it to bits - you are a star.

    Love Ali xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card I'm sure she will love it.
    poppy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab card! So clever and very effective. I'm sure alex will love it :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow your card is amazing an your attention to detail is mezmorising.

    hugs Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding creation once again! Love the buttery color and thanks for including a side shot pic...Brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shape of this card and what a cute bunny. Great details too. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dawn
    A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz for this week's challenge,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is a gorgeous card Dawn, loving the folds and this adorable wee bunny which is coloured so beautifully. So pleased to be working with you at Totally Tilda, roll on Thursday.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Dawn -love the shape and that cute bunny! Thanks for joining in at DU2DS!
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card fab summery sunny colour too. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.