Pages

.

.

Sunday 13 June 2010

Going for the Monochrome look!!

Hello my blogging friends and thanks for dropping by.  Time once again for another challenge over at Creative Inspirations Challenges and this fortnight the challenge is "Monochrome".  Now as you all probably know monochrome means "shades of one colour" and white.  So whatever colour you want to use is fine but if you want to use black and white then that's fine to.
Our sponsor for this challenge is our very own, very talented Jenni and you can buy her digi creations here.
So without further ado here is the card I made using one of Jenni's digital images called "All Dressed Up".
I coloured her in with my promarkers, used watercolour pencils for her hair and skin,  (If you look closely you will see I have even tried adding pink highlights to her hair!) and Sakura Gelly Glaze pen for the necklace and bracelet.
I used an old sketch from Magnolia Down Under and used three different pink DP's, a piece of pink card and a pink die cut scalloped oval (available at Die Cut Dreams) with a white die cut oval in the centre.  I cut out the image and embossed her from the back so that she would stand proud on the oval die cut and I adhered the image with silicone glue.  I sponged the edge of the white oval with pink chalk ink and added three pink gems top right and bottom left and a pink flower on the side panel. 
I stamped a sentiment (which is a Stampin Up Stamp from a set I purchased from Sprytebyrd a while ago - thanks Dee).

2 comments:

  1. great minds think alike hun he he but your card is just brilliant love the layout on this hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous in pink, love the DPs.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.