Pages

.

.

Sunday 27 June 2010

Challenge #37 at Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog

Hello crafty peeps, how you doing on this gorgeous weekend?
Once again it is time for another challenge over at the Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog and this time the challenge is "Paper Piecing".  Our sponsor once again is the fabulous Crafty Pad where you can find both digi and rubber images and our lucky winner will be able to choose one of the New Release stamps as their prize.
So onto my card:  Not something I normally do but I quite enjoyed this one and here it is:
I paper pieced the ribbons in her hair, the top, the sleeves, the socks and the boots all from the same pad of Papermania paper called Amethyst and also used a piece for the backing paper behind the die cut too (which I am sure you know I got from Die Cut Dreams).  I added a purple ribbon from my stash and added a recently purchased lilac flower too. 
I used one of Dawny's past fabulous Papertake Weekly sketches which you can find on her sketch blog and flipped it on it's side.
Please have a look at the rest of the DT creations as there are some awesome projects to see.
Have fun and good luck!!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Dawn, loving this cute image and your wonderful paper piecing.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. (tried posting already, but it kicked me out).......I think you did a wonderful job of paper piecing so much including the ribbons in her hair. Great DP and sketch interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet and being the mother of 3 girlies I can identify with that 'whatever' pose. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn

    I love it, my fav colour too!!! This is a great image, love the pose and it suits paper piecing perfectly.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi sweetie sorry I am late in poping on here,but just to say really love your card sweetie and your paper piecing is just perfection,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.