Pages

.

.

Thursday 10 June 2010

Anything but a card at I Love Digi.........

........ and when your main craft is making cards this is always a tough one.  I always pop over to Split Coast Stampers for inspiration when I have to do one of these posts.  This challenge is no exception and again I went to Split Coast for some ideas on what to do.
Our sponsor for this challenge is Wink Wink Ink and they are offering 3 of their fab digi's as the prize.  If you haven't seen their images yet - boy are you in for a fabulous surprise!
When I saw this box in a bag I knew it was the thing I wanted to make.  I know the papers/card I have used are Christmassy but you can never start tooo early on your Christmas preparations now can you?
So here is my creation for this challenge:
I used digi papers from The Craft Table called Winter Wonderland which I love, for the box











and a 12 x 12 paper from my stash.  The blue card which I used for the bottom surround and the tabs, is some I had in my stash and for the bottom surround I used a Christmas Holly punch and for the tab handles I went for some faux stitching around the edge.
For my Christmas box/bag I decided to add an image from Charmed Cards and Crafts and this image is called Angel.  Now I cheated here a bit as I was short on time. When you buy images from Charmed Cards and Crafts you get the same images already coloured and I used one of these for this project.

So there you have it - anything but a card - now are there any challenges out there that this will fit??

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea! This is one container I have never made myself, I will have to give it a try...Good for you making something Christmassy, come Dec. you will be glad you did :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic Dawn, great papers and a lovely image for this.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.