Pages

.

.

Monday 28 June 2010

Simply Summer at Ooh La La Creations

Time for a new challenge at Ooh La La Creations and this time the theme is "Simply Summer".  Now obviously this is quite a wide ranging theme as there are so many ways to interpret it.  So go ahead and create something which shouts "Summer" - you never know if we get enough Summery entries it may even make the sun shine!!! (Well I can dream can't I??)
Anyway, here is the card I made for this challenge:
I used the pyramage folder from the Shoes in Bloom CD and chose the image called "Summer Garden" - oh how apt!  I also used the backing papers from the folder of the same name and backed these onto both dark purple card and lighter purple corrugated card. 
I added two small mulberry roses  and three lilac gems on to the backing paper. Does anyone else think that where I have put the gems makes the paper look 3D???  (And no - I haven't been drinking!)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn

    THis is so fresh and summery, love the shoes in flowers.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT Dawn, fabulous image and beautiful papers.
    I haven't played with my Shoes In Bloom CD but from what I have seen I know I will be pleased.
    Just have to work out how to print a single image.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn! This is just gorgeous! I love all the detail you've put into it!
    I'll miss working with you on I Love Digi, but I'm sure we'll run into each other again somewhere in the blogosphere! I'll be sure to pop back in and see what you're up to often!
    Take care of you!
    Hugs,
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh honey its stunning! So pretty and as Ali put it "summery"!! Love it!!
    Thanks for entrying my wee candy, its great to read about my lovely blog buddies!!
    Good Luck Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is oh so summery!! So fun! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.