Pages

.

.

Thursday 17 June 2010

Lovely hAnglar Shabby look on a Friday Sketch

Phew, I think I may just get this in in time for the challenge at Friday Sketchers!!  Talk about last minute.  My fabulous friend Clare sent me three of these fabulous new hAnglar images and I just had to use them. 
So I have coloured the image with my Watercolour pencils and Promarkers and cut it out.  I used silicone to raise it up and put it onto a white die cut matted onto a lilac die cut (both available from Die Cut Dreams) and roughed the edges up on the die cuts (sorry Susie!).
I then used a stencil brush and added Tim Holtz Distressing Ink (Milled Lavender) around the edge of the white die cut.  I traced around the edge of one of the die cuts and made to end pieces onto which I stamped You're Fabulous from one of my Your Next Stamp sets of the same name.  I distressed the edges of all my papers and backing cards with my scissors and followed the sketch at Friday Sketchers
I added a purple flower which I recently brought from a craft shop called Second Impressions.  I don't think I do shabby at all well and I'm really not sure about this card so please let me know what you think.
So I am also entering this card into the challenge at Lovely hAnglar Only - Shabby Look and the first challenge at Bunny Zoe's Crafts which is Nice and Girly
Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Very sweet and I love the purple color :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is really beautiful,hun love the colours you have used,hugs cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for all your wonderful comments on my blog you really are a true friend/agent lol

    love yours card fab layout and your colouring if just fabulous.

    take care speak soon

    hugs Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dawn

    I know shabby isn't your thing but this is great hun, the image is sooo cute and great colouirng.

    HUgs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Hanglar stamps, your card is really gorgeous !!!
    Thanks for playing with us at Bunny Zoe's Crafts !!!
    Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. your card is so beautiful...I like the colors and the image is totally cute :0)))

    Thank you for playing with us at *lovely hÄnglar only* and we hope to see you again ;0)

    Hugs Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh this is sooo cute!
    I love that girl and the colours you've used.

    Thanks for joining us at "lovely hÄnglar only",

    hugs,
    Marina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.