Pages

.

.

Thursday 10 September 2009

Sketch Saturday DT Challenge

Hi all,
Well, it's taken me a while what with work and everything but I finally finished my card for the Sketch Saturday DT challenge.  Firstly this is the sketch that had to be followed:
I decided to go for a Christmas Theme for this card and used a Pollycraft image called Cherry Kisses Snowball which Paula kindly gave us as a freebie and you can find her here - thank you Paula. 
I had decided on blue's and snowflakes as my basis for the colours and used three snowflake charm thingies (not sure what you'd call them really) instead of ribbon.  The main image is coloured using watercolour pencils, Art Kure Colour Sketch brushes and Promarkers.
The sentiment is one from Barbara at Clarity Stamp
(Those of you who check in regularly will have realised I have quite a few of Barbara's stamps!!) LOL.
The ribbon is from Crafty Ribbons and all the backing papers are from my stash, except the one at the top which is one from the Occasions double CD from Crafter's Companion.  So there you have it.  I have everything crosses for this one and I really enjoyed making it.
Comments please guys and gals would be really really appreciated!
Ta ever so.
Dawn xx

4 comments:

  1. Hey there Dawn, you did it, well done and such a fantastic card. I love your charm thingies!!!
    All the very best of luck with this.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn..

    Thanks for all your lovely comments!!
    I love all the dtails on this, such a gorgeous card!
    Thanks for using cherry kisses...glad you like her!!
    Paula xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn :)
    This is a beautiful card, love the image and colours used
    Thank you & good luck!
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    Wonderful job =)
    The strings with snowflakes are adorable - great idea! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.