Pages

.

.

Saturday 12 September 2009

Cupcake, Mojo Monday, Pile it On and Simon Says Challenges

Hello to all of you and what is a beautiful sunny September day.
I am really not sure about this card at all.  You know sometimes when you lay it out it looks ok and then when you've stuck everything down - well it just doesn't feel right?  Well, this is one of those cards!
Anyway firstly here is the sketch I followed from Mojo Monday.





I love the sketches at Mojo Monday and hope to do many more cards based on their sketches.











I decided on an Oriental theme and the bird images and smaller piece of backing paper are from Joanna Sheen's Oriental CD as is the sentiment. 
The piece of red blue and white backing paper is from an oriental paper pack from which was a freebie from Crafty Computer Paper that I got at the Hobbycrafts/Crafts for Christmas show one year at the NEC.
The white ribbon was from my stash and the lady in kimono image was one from Barbara at Clarity Stamp.
So the challenges I am entering this card for are:
Cupcake Challenge - Red, White and Blue
Mojo Monday - sketch
Pile it on - Birthday
Anyway, let me know what you think guys - good or bad - I don't mind.
Cheers!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn

    Wow, four challenges well done you. It is certainly different from your usual card but I really like the oriental theme and the colours. The sentiment is lovely. Joanna Sheen's CDs are good.
    Good luck with all those challenges.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interpretation of the Mojo sketch and a really great oriental card.
    Thanks for including PIO this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card!! Thank you for playing with Pile It On this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn, what a striking card. I love the papers you've used and the sentiment is fab. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the theme and how you did it.

    Thanks for playing w/ the Pile It On! this week!
    -- dalis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Dawn, absolutely love the image and the gorgeous use of this weeks colour combo. Thanks for playing along with CCC this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done a fantastic job with this oriental card ! The image and papers you used are just perfect ! Love the colours and the layout too ,, well done on combining so many challenges :-)

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge ;-)
    Luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at Cupcake this weeek, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.