Pages

.

.

Tuesday 29 September 2009

Dusting off the medallion!!

Hello everyone,
Well I got a bonus day today to do my craft.  The doc told me yesterday I had shingles but I could go to work.  However, because I work in a Hospital (not nursing) my boss wanted to wait for clearance from Occ Health - so couldn't go in today.  Feel a bit of a fraud but hey ho if they tell me to have a day off who am I to argue!! :)
Anyway, I thought I'd have a go at the Sophisticat challenge.  I was a bit daunted when I first saw it but when I saw that it didn't have to be a huge flower I thought I'd give it a go.
I also thought I would submit this for two other challenges:
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Black, white and 1 other colour
CRAFT challenge - No backing paper - boy that was hard to do!!  Good challenge guys!.
So here is the sketch from Sophisticat:

And here is the card I made.
















Hopefully you can see that there are three layers here on the big design in the middle and that the two smaller designs are cut from the middle of the main medallion. (Now this wood mounted rubber stamp has been in my stash for ages, I can't remember where I bought it - possibly Hobbycraft - or whose make it is as I can't read the writing on the side of the stamp) I used my quickie glue pen and pale turquoise glitter (for my other colour) and picked out pieces to cover with glitter.  The white, black and turquoise brads are from my stash.  The sentiment is one from Janet at Pink Gem.

18 comments:

  1. That medallion is gorgeous! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing with us at PTW! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a gorjus card/ Love it.

    Thank you for joining in over a SOPHISTICATS. Hope to see you next time.

    Love Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dusted off Great...
    LOVE ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!
    Hugs Alison.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fab medallion card, very effective. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I´m a glitter lover... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card and I love that medallion...I love how you used the colour challenge...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PTW...hugs kath xxxx (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Card, love that centre piece, thank you so much for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week, good luck in the draw.
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgoues hun love the medallion such a great effect thanks for taking part in sophisticats and good luck love cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, really simple but elegant, thanks for joining us at Sophisticats this week.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Medallion - thanks for playing at C.R.A.F.T. Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dawn

    I think you have done the sketch really well. The layering of the Mandala stamp is really effective. Always love a bit of bling too. very brave to do the no papers challenge - I left that well enough alone!!! Although as I am doing this sketch now I could leave it but I want to do more!!!

    Hugs for now

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, love how you created it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, like the glitter. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful card, hope you're feeling better soon thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card, such a fab medallion stamp and a lovely layout! Thanks for playing along with this weeks colour challenge at PTW Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a gorgeous card! thanks for visiting my blog and for joining us at The Character Cafe Blog Hop. Have a Great day!!
    hugs,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi ya Dawn, beautiful card, i love the bling and colours, great take on Stef's Sketch this week. Thanks for your support again over at Sophisticats.
    Lisa.x
    DT Admin

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fab card Dawn, love the Medallion stamp. Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.