Pages

.

.

Monday 21 March 2011

Ooh La La - Challenge #76

Good Monday morning to all you lovely blogland peeps.  I can say Good Monday morning because I have a day off work today - Yippppeeee!  Can you tell I'm pleased?? LOL
Anyhoo, enough of my excitement - I am here to show you my latest card for the Ooh La La challenges.  Firstly though I would just like to say thank you to all those people who entered our last challenge of a project for a Man!  People say they don't like making male themed projects - who are you trying to kid - we had over 140 entries for that challenge and let me tell you it wasn't easy picking a Top 3 - I could have picked a top 10 at the very least!!  Please stop by the Ooh La La challenge blog to see who I chose as my Top 3.
So without further ado onto the next challenge and this time we would like to see your projects for Mother's Day or a Special Friend.
I have made a card for Mother's Day for my MIL.  She doesn't like fussy cards so I'm hoping this will fit the bill.
I have used backing papers and Pyramage images from the Lilac Spray folder on the Fleur D'imagination CD which you can buy here.  There are some truly beautiful images on this CD, as there are on all the Ooh La La CD's - you really should take a look.  There are also some freebie images on the website if you would like to try some out before buying.
Anyway, I added some silver peel offs around the edge of the backing paper, a recycled bow across the bottom right corner (that came off a box of cards a friend at work bought - I already recycled the box for a gift box) and then added a Happy Mother's Day peel off to finish it off.
So what do you think - will she like it??  I hope so.  Please remember to stop by the rest of the DT and have a look at their fabulous inspirational projects - you won't be disappointed! (Links are on the DT tab at the top of the page).
I'll be back tomorrow with another Softpencil Tuesday project to show you - see you then!!
Challenge:
Dream Valley Challenges, Crafty Catz - Mother's Day
Craft Your Days Away - For Mum or someone special

7 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn
    A beautiful card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz this week,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Dawn your MIL will love it and thats a neat bow you made I like that
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is beautiful! So pretty.... Love the pyramage and the beautiful colours. And thankyou for joining us at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card I love the pyramage you have made and the colours are so pretty I'm sure your MIL will love it
    Thanks for joining in at CYDA this time

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorjuss card!
    Great to see a wee bit Pyramage!
    Thanks for joining in Dream Valley Challenges
    Hugs Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dawn

    Great creation, love the background paper with its interesting edge - don't know what to call it!!!

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever card I love it!

    Thanks for joining us over at Craft Your Days Away this time!
    Dazie
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.