Pages

.

.

Tuesday 29 March 2011

Less Is More - Week 8

Well, I didn't get around to my second entry for last week's masculine challenge - honestly I just don't know what happens to the time these days!!!  Anyway, tt's now week 8 for the Less Is More girls and their fabulous challenge blog.  This week they have given us a sketch they want us to follow.  The sketch is pirmarily based on a DL card but you can change it if you want to so long as the sketch can still be seen clearly.
I went with a DL card, basically because if I try and change the shape of the card to match the sketch it always goes wrong! LOL
So here is the sketch to use:
And this is the card I made for it.
I have used a pale lilac DL card, added a piece of DP across the middle towards the bottom and instead of a circle I have added a butterfly using my shapeabilities. 
I added a "Thinking of You" sentiment at the top left (hopefully to balance it out???) - this is a Clarity Stamp that I have had for ages and use quite a bit. 
So that's it really, a simple CAS card following a sketch.
The card is for a friend whose little boy (3 months old) has to undergo an operation tomorrow to remove a tumour and one kidney - life can be crap at times can't it?)  Fingers crossed for everything to go OK!

11 comments:

  1. This card is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, this is simply gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, how can these things happen! Wicked world
    Super card, perfect for the occasion
    Wishing the little lad all the best
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely, elegant card. Perfect for it's purpose..x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, very thoughtful. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply beautiful, perfect CAS style, I love that butterfly, but I'm so sorry that you need it for your friend.
    I hope all goes well with the surgery!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card darling I love it and the flutterby is perfect
    Sorry to hear about your friends baby I hope all goes well
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is beautiful! Gorgeous colours and the butterfly is so pretty! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card. Hope the baby is ok.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dawn,

    Lovely thoughtful card for your friend. Hope it all works out ok. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card! Love that butterfly and the lilac color with white. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.