Pages

.

.

Sunday 13 March 2011

A card using Cor*s Candy sketch and Blog Candy Alert!

Good afternoon all, I hope you are all enjoying this little bit of sunshine we are getting in the UK at the moment.
Couple of things to tell you about this afternoon so grap a cuppa and stay a while.
First off, I'm sure you already know that Corry at Free 4 Ever is having a Whopping Candy which is open until 28th March.  Now as part of this Whopping Candy there is a sketch for you to follow to enter a card for a second entry into the candy draw.  This sketch was drawn especially for Corry by Claudia Rosa.  So I decided I just had to make a card especially to enter this sketch challenge and here it is:
I have used a CC designs image which was sent to me by my good friend Susie Sugar - thanks hun.  I have also used one of those fabby die cuts from Susie's shop Die Cut Dreams - now don't forget that the shop is closed for a little while because Susie is moving house but it will be open again in May and I'll let you know when it happens so you don't miss out!
I have coloured the image using my promarkers and I have coloured the skin following a fab tutorial from Debbi at The Crafty Cuttings of Wiccababe which you can find here.  I am quite pleased with it so will probably use this method again, thanks Debbi.
The lace around the edge of the die cut is from a candy I won recently on the Creative Inspirations Blog Hop as is the chipboard sentiment at the bottom.

I will also enter this card into the following challenges:
Our Creative Corner - Use fabric - not ribbon though
Totally Gorjuss - Lace and Pearls
Crafty Purple Frog  and Paper Crafting Journey- Things with wings (image and butterfly)

Now for the Blog Candy alert:  You just have to get on over to Angelwood's Crafting Corner.  She has the most fabulous blog candy available - well actually there are three separate candy prizes up for grabs.  There are a few rules but when you see the three prizes I am sure you will appreciate why.
So here's Candy 1:
Candy 2:
Candy 3:
I'm not gonna list everything in them because there is a list on the blog with the Candy Post - if you want a few more details then you're just gonna have to pop on over and take a look.  Winners will be announced on April 18th.  So what you waiting for - get hopping over to Angelwood's Crafting Corner!

7 comments:

  1. oh that is one gorgeous card hun,that image is so cute,great layout too hugs cheyrl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, love the lace! Thanks for playing along at Our Creative Corner this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooooooooooo wow, you have totally outdone yourself with this sketch! Great job, wonderful colors & HEY HEY I recognize that lace and chipboard!!! lol Very nicely done & thanks for inspiring me to do something funky with the rest of the lace! This is a great second chance at my candy girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card! Pretty colours :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you used lace as the frame for you image! Great idea, and she is adorable. Thanks for playing along with Fabulous Fabric at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lace and pearls - what could be better? Especially when combined with sweet girlie purple! This card has it all and the sweet image tops it off perfectly. Beautiful work on the fabric challenge. So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card just love the design and how you have framed it with the beautiful lace!

    Thanks for joining us over at TCPFC Love Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.