Pages

.

.

Monday 21 March 2011

Less is More - Masculine

Well here we are again for the Less Is More challenge.  I am absolutely loving this challenge blog and am so glad that Chrissi and Mandi thought of it.  From the numbers of entries it seems I am not the only one who thinks like that either.  So big hugs and lots of thanks girls for making me think outside the box (or off the page!!) and for making me tell myself to "step away from the card"! LOL
Anyway, the theme this week is to make a Masculine card - now the card I have done was not my first thought - back with that one a bit later I hope.  This was actually the second stamp I had in mind but I am so glad I tried this one first because I love it.  Now I'm not meaning to sound big headed or anything but I love this stamp and I just don't use it nearly enough.
So, without further ado - my card:
The image is one of Barbara Grey's from Clarity Stamp - that woman is truly amazing - I wish I had an ounce of her talent, really I do!
I stamped the image in Versafine Vintage Sepia and matted the image onto light brown shimmer card.  I added a brown spotty ribbon across the top and tied it in a knot (more masculine than a bow don't ya think?) and then just added a Thank You at the bottom right hand corner.  (My thoughts were along the lines of thanks for looking after my dog).
So there you have it, I added a bit of colour to the image with watercolour pencils, including a pale blue on the eyes.  I also embossed the image from the back to give it a raised feel but you can't really see that in the photo.
So hopefully, I will be back either later on tonight or tomorrow with my other idea.  See you then.
Other challenges I am entering this card into are:
OSAAT - Something for the boys
2 Sisters Challenges - Furry Friends
CES Challenges -  Your fave song or be inspired by a song - (Hound Dog, Elvis Presley)
Sweet Stampin - Slugs, snails and puppy dog tails (hope this counts)
Card Making Mamas - Animals

23 comments:

  1. This really is a super image, that dog has such knowing eyes!
    I agree with you about the knot rather than a bow for a chap, but I think ribbons are fine don't you!
    Good CAS card, and thanks for supporting our challenge yet again!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab idea for a 'doggie sitting' card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Husky image and i love how you have thought of the same embellishments to use but with a masculine twist.
    Fantastic card:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and such a beautiful image x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and super image - loving the ribbon too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and love your dog stamp, brill. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card Dawn
    Great image and agree the ribbon is great
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow hun,you have got this style down to perfection,this is simply amazing hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dawn, that is really a great stamp. Reminds me of a dog my daughter had. Great job on coloring the eyes...and the ribbon is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is gorgeous! Fab image and I love the ribbon detail :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's a superb image. Love the little bit of shimmer with your matting. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Less is defintaly more! I am prejudged.. because he looks just like our dog!
    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a striking image! A wonderful card. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card and a fab song choice! Thanks for joining in the fun at CES this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful image - it really does capture the breed very well. Great CAS card - you have definitely got this style sorted.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome CAS card, love it. Thanks for sharing with us at OSAAT. Hugs, Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card
    Hug Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A wonderful card, such a striking image.
    Thank you for joining in the fun at Sweet Stampin
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A fabulous card I love the image its gorgeous.
    Thank you for joining us girlies over at CES Challenges, good luck hun.

    Hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab card! Thanks for joining us for the CES Challenge.
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Dawn this card appeals to me big time that image is totally awesome I have sat looking at it for so long this is one beautiful clean and simple style creation, super work.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.