Pages

.

.

Thursday 17 March 2011

Boys and Girls Come out to Play with the Digi Divas

Ok I know that sounds wrong on so many levels but honestly it is all very innocent.  The new challenge at Do It with Digis is:
Make a Children's Themed card
- hence the title of my post!! 
Thank you to all of those who joined in our last challenge with Team B - remember to pop in to the challenge blog and see if you were one of our lucky winners or one of our top 3.
So onto the new challenge:
We are lucky to be sponsored this time by Heather Ellis and the Design Team were all lucky enough to get to work with some of Heather's cute Digi images.  Do go along and see what else she has to offer - I'm sure you will be able to find something that you like.
So here is the card I made for this new challenge:
You will see that I have cut out the image, which is coloured with promarkers and placed it on to a die cut shape - this shape is a Marianne Creatables Die and I used some DCWV adhesive papers to cut out the shape - saves so much time when sticking it to the card.  The backing is some patterned vellum that I had in my stash and I have secured it to the card blank with four cream pearl brads in the corners. 
I have used three of Lynne's fabulous digital ticket sentiments which you can buy here and they are also available as clear polymer stamps here.  There are six tickets in the set and I have used three of them.  I have coloured them to match the paper on my die cut.
I added a narrow brown ribbon across the bottom of the card, which I won in a Freebie Friday some time ago at Crafty Ribbons and a couple of brown paper flowers again from my stash.
So there you have it - a card for a child - can't wait to see what you all come up with.  Good luck and have fun.
Challenges:
Ambers Crafts and Stuff, My Grafico, Aly's Sunday Challenge, Send a Smile for Kids- Anything goes
Crazy Challenge - Eyelets or Brads
Fairytale Challenge - Something for a child

11 comments:

  1. such a cute card! I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very lovely card! I love the little tickets! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. I love the little image of the girl on the swing she's got such a sweet face. Thanks for stopping by Amber's Crafts and Stuff! I hope you will join us again next Wednesday!

    ~*~Amber~*~
    www.amberscraftsandstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Dawn! This is such a sweet card!
    I love the ticket sentiments. Thanks for playing with us at Amber's Crafts and Stuff. I hope you'll join us again very soon.

    Anniebee

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really cute and cheerful card. I so neglect my vellums, must make an effort to use them. Thanks for joining Amber's Craft and Stuffs first Challenge, hope to see you again next week. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Love the brown and turquoise together - and that little girl on the swing - SWOON!

    Thanks for joining our challenge at Amber's Crafts and Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, cute card! Love the tickets :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet. A beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.
    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet. What a great card. Thanks for playing along at Amber's Crafts and stuff.

    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card. Thank you for joining the Send A Smile 4 kids challenge. We hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the peaceful colours you used and I love this image as you know , its a fab card
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.