Pages

.

.

Thursday 10 March 2011

Less is More - Pastel colours

I can't believe I nearly missed this challenge - I was determined to take part in every one and up to now haven't failed - must pay more attention!!! LOL
Anyway, this week over at Less Is More the challenge is to use pastel colours. 
Here is my card:
The image is from the new Ooh La La Creations CD called "All Dressed Up" and this is one of the digi images from that CD, which you can purchase here.
I have used promarkers and Copics to colour the image and have just matted the image onto cream card.  I have added a piece of cream lace across the middle (which is adhered to a piece of cream card to make it stand out a bit better) 
I have just added a Happy Birthday sentiment and two cream brads to finish it off.  Hope you like it.

17 comments:

  1. wowie, how simple, how perfect, how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful dawn, love that dress!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card. That is one fabby dress.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. An elegant card with an elegant image. Wish I could wear a dress like that he!he! Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn

    Loving your less is more cards and it is so true. I must give it a go because they are so effective and elegant.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely. I do like that dress image.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charming card, nice to see a dress for a change
    Like the texture with the lace
    SEe you again
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, and great colour choice, the image works so well with the lace detail.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dawn, this is a great dress... if only I could fit into something like that!
    Looking at your watermark... it makes me think that maybe the sentiment would have suited the lines of the dress more if it was black!... Just a thought!
    Thanks for joining us again and we'll look forward to seeing you next week!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is beautiful! These CAS cards you've been making have really inspired me - I must have another go! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful image. I wish I could wear fashions like that!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely and I love the lime green and the lace is great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty Dawn I love the lemon and that dress is sassy
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, classy and elegant are the feelings that I had when I saw this card Dawn I love it.,
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.