Pages

.

.

Monday 14 March 2011

Die Cut Dreams - DT card

Another Monday rolls on round and that must mean time for another challenge at Die Cut Dreams.  Thank you to everyone who submitted a project for our Spring Garden Challenge - please stop by the Challenge blog and see if you were our lucky winner or one of our top 3.  Remember, all our winners are picked by the Design Team, Susie and myself so it's extra special.
So onto the new theme for the next fortnight and this time we want to see your.....
MOTHER'S DAY CARDS
or
A CARD FOR A SPECIAL FRIEND
We have given you the option as Mother's Day cards may be inappropriate for some people for one reason or another.  So why not give it a go - you never know - you might even win!!
So here is the card I made for this challenge:
I have been a customer of Crafty Ribbons for some time now, they have a fabulous choice of ribbons and their delivery is fantastic.  Also, on their website they have some tutorials and I followed one of these in order to make my ribbon rose.  Well, that is it is supposed to be a rose - looks more like a peony to me!! LOL  I made it on a piece of white card and then backed that onto lilac card to match the ribbon.
The sentiment is one I printed on the computer - also in lilac to match the rest of the card.
I decided to add one more piece of lilac card and added a piece of lace down the centre just to finish the card off.
I'm really pleased with how this has turned out - obviously need more practice with the rose but hey - we all have to start somewhere!
Remember to stop by the rest of the Design Team and have a look at their fabulous creations - hopefully they may give you some inspiration.  Have fun.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sophisticated card, your rose is beautiful Dawn.

    Hugs Ali x

    PS Best colour too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This is so pretty! Gorgeous ribbon rose/peony :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Dawn even nicer second time round, so elegant.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mother's day card Dawn, great design and gorgeous flower too.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Darling!! love your ribbon rose, I'll have to check out the tutorial. Gorgeous colors
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Dawn this is one very beautiful and classy card that flower is all you need it really looks stunning.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This rose is TDF you are clever , its so classy , a fab card
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.