Pages

.

.

Sunday 2 May 2010

Challenge number 33 at Creative Inspirations.

Hello everyone,
Oh boy do these weeks fly by or what.  I think I must be getting old - time seems to go soooo quickly these days.
So, it's Sunday again and time for another challenge at Creative Inspirations.  I must say the entries for the last challenge were beautiful.  Remember to hop over to the Creative Inspirations Challenge blog and see if you were the lucky winner.
For this new challenge we would like you to make a Congratulations card.  It can be for any time of celebration, i.e. Wedding Day, Engagement, New Baby, New Home - the decision is entirely yours.  Just remember to follow the brief and please make sure your link is to the blog post and not to your blog in general.
So, here is the card I made for this challenge:
As you can see it is a congratulations card for 1st time Grandparents.  This was a card I was asked to make by a work colleague and I thought it fitted in with our brief perfectly. 
I have used an image called Vintage Baby from Sugar Nellie and have coloured it in with my promarkers and watercolour pencils.  I stamped the image onto a white die cut and layered it onto a soft pastel blue die cut available at Die Cut Dreams, which my good friend Susie sent me recently, thanks Susie!
The two DP I have used come from a papermania pack called Venetian Skies and these have been matted onto blue card.  The sentiment was printed on the computer onto lighter blue card and again this was matted on to the darker blue card.  I placed a ribbon across the middle which says "tiny hands and tiny feet" but I don't think you can quite see all the words!
I added some small blue gems at the bottom left, three buttons top right, one brad on the sentiment piece and a ribbon/pearl on the bottom right of the card as these were all elements on the sketch I followed which was a past one at Sketchy Colours and I have shown it below for reference only:
 I will also enter this card into the challenges at:
By the Cute and Girly - Celebrations
Whoopsie Daisy - As You Like it
The Pink Elephant - Aqua (I think Aqua is blue!!)
Pile It On - Make it Sweet
Paperplay Challenge - Pretty Pastels
One Stitch at a Time - Children's Challenge
Hope you like my card and remember to visit the rest of the DT's blogs and have a look at what they have created - links in my sidebar.

22 comments:

  1. Hi hun

    Yes, I like it a lot. Cute image and love all the little details everywhere.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, love the layout and image. I love the buttons, think they always look cute on baby cards. Thanks for joining us over on BTC&G. Good luck. nnalorac.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card!! (And it will fit nicely into the new children challenge over on One Stitch at a time! whispers me!)
    (Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet card!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at TPE this week!!
    Sheri-TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww the babe looks so peaceful asleep.Thankyou for joining with us this week at OSAAT.Good luck LilDiva x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creation, cute image too, Thank you for joining us over at OSAAT, hope to see you again soon, Good Luck
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh love this super cute image,
    thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT love hugs cherylx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card. Thanks for joining the WhoopsiDaisy Challenge this time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, cute little baby image!! Love the soft colouring and thank you for joining OSAAT's 'Children' Challenge this week, hope to see you again next week!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dawn, Lyn was so right, works perfect for our challenge at OSAAT..thank you for sharing this beautiful card with us - please pop by every Sunday we change them up - good luck

    stitchy xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet card...love the blue hue.
    Thanks for joining us this week over at OSAAT.
    smiles....Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI Dawn,
    Great card!I just love that image!
    and the layers add so much!
    And that ribbon is so cute!
    Thanks for joining us this month on BTC&G and Good Luck! X

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love that image, its makes for such a beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing along at our first Challenge at WhoopsiDaisy and BTC&G this month. Hugs
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh yes I do love your card and your super sweet image.
    Thanks for joining us this month at Whoosie Daisy.
    Max x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ths is just adorable Dawn. Your colouring is fabulous. Thanks for joining us here at OSAAT this week.
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh this is just beautiful love your image too! Ihope you pop accross again Sunday see if you have won and also see the theme next challenge we do appreciate you joining in with us at OSAAT
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is adorable
    Thank you for joining us here at OSAAT.

    Hugs Janette
    Stamping Dragon Designs

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful...love the image...thanks for joining us at BTCAG..hope to see you next time :-)
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Dawn, your card is gorgeous! The image is so sweet. I love it! Awesome job!
    Thanks for playing with us at the Whoopsi Daisy Challenge. Hope to see you again next month.
    Hugs, Rleen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh i just love this image, its super cute, and you have coloured it so well! Great papers and colours too.

    Good luck in the challenge

    Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, this is so cute and adorable. Love the Image and your creation. Thanks for playing with us at the Whoopsi Daisy Challenge. Good Luck!

    Hugs
    Heike

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.