Pages

.

.

Sunday 16 May 2010

Commissioned birthday card and a few challenges

Hi everyone,
Just thought I'd post this little card I made that my Mum requested for a dear friend of theirs who is due to celebrate his 80th birthday.
Firstly here is the card:
I followed the sketch over at Friday Sketchers which I have shown below:
I used my Lighthouse memories die cutter to cut out the circle for the background and have used brown and blue Stampin Up papers which I won in a candy some time ago.  The image I have used is from Bugaboo and is called "At My Age".  I think the images at Bugaboo are hilarious - if you haven't already been and had a look you really should.
I coloured the image with promarkers and matted this and all the backing papers onto pale blue card.  I have used this image a few times now because it is ideal for a man's card and I love him.
I shall enter this card into the following challenges:
Friday sketchers - sketch
Stamp Something - Celebrate something
Allsorts - Birthdays
DU2DS - Anything Goes
Digital Tuesday - Make me laugh
Paperplay Challenge - Brown and ? (I chose blue)

10 comments:

  1. I love this card and at 80 you can wear anything you want....

    Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn

    Just love this image, great card hun, fab sentiment too.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really made me giggle Dawn!!
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, it brought a smile to my face.
    Thanks for joinig ALLSORTS this week & good luck,
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this image definitely makes me chuckle! Great card hun!
    Thanks so much for joining us @ Digital Tuesday!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dawn

    How much fun is this, love it.

    Thank you for joining in Allsorts Birthday celebrations. Good luck with all the draws.

    B bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a funny card! I'm so glad you joined the Allsorts birthday celebration and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a hoot! This is awesome! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week-hope to see you back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card! LOVE the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant card,Such a great image,I'm sure it will get a giggle from the recipient! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.