Pages

.

.

Monday 17 May 2010

Ooh La La - Time for Challenge #54

Hello again everyone,
Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge - be sure to visit the challenge blog to see if you were the lucky winner.
Well time marches on and it's time for another challenge at the Ooh La La Creations Challenge Blog.  This time our challenge is "BRIGHT AND CHEERFUL"  Now I'm sure no-one will have any problems with this challenge.  As usual you can interpret this however you like so long as we can see Bright and Cheerful on your creation.
So without further ado, here is the card I made for this challenge:
This time I have used the images from the Shoes in Bloom CD - I have to say that this is one of my personal favourites (although they are all nice!).  All the elements from this card have come from the Rhodedendron Golden folder and I think you will agree that they are fabulously bright and cheerful.
I used the toppers images, the A4 curl sheet, an A4 backing paper and the sentiment is from the Waterfall sheet.  I used the curl sheet as a pocket to put the sentiment into and attached a ribbon to be able to pull it out easily. 
The flowers I have sort of made myself!  I only had white flowers like these so using a stencil brush and two different colour ink pads (to match the colours in the image) I dabbed ink all over the flowers and then sealed them with hairspray so that the colour wouldn't rub off.  I am quite pleased with how they turned out actually - might use this trick again!  Finally I added a heart embellishment from MIC and there you have it.

I shall also enter this card into the challenges at:
Crazy 4 Challenges - Make a pocket on your card
Quixotic Challenge - Let Your Garden Grow - make your own flowers (hope these count!!)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn

    Lovely card, the curl page is lovely. Great idea with the flowers too.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dawn Love your card and the bright citrus colours you used
    Those flowers are really pretty in those colours too
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good afternoon Dawn, i am loving this card, what an adorable floral image and the detail is stunning. I also love the card below too! thank you for sharing, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is really bright and cheerful Dawn! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.