Pages

.

.

Sunday 16 May 2010

Challenge #34 - Creative Inspirations

Hello all,
Well, another fortnight has passed us by and I can't believe we are in the middle of May already!!  Soon be Christmas!!!
Thank you to all those of you who joined in our last challenge - remember to hop on over to the challenge blog site to see if you were the lucky winner of the prize from Whiff of Joy!
So on to this fortnight's challenge which is to use punches and dies on your creation.
Whatever else you want to do is entirely up to you so long as you use punches and dies on your creation.
Our sponsor for this challenge is the fantastic Stitchy Bear Stamps who are offering a prize of three digital images from the shop!
So the DT were all lucky enough to choose one of Stitchy's images to work with for this challenge and I chose Short Shorts which you can purchase from Stitchy at the fabulous price of $1.50 as it is currently in the sale at 50% off - so I'd go take a look at the shop as there are soooo many more bargains like this one, you won't be disappointed!
Here is the card I made for this challenge:
I used the sketch from Sketch and Stash (number 35) which I have shown below:
Using my Lighthouse Memories die cutter I cut out my digi image in an oval shape and also cut a larger oval for the background.  I used a Polka Dot background paper which I had in my stash - lord alone knows where it came from I've had it soooo long!!  Then I added a DP from Pink Paislee (fabby papers these).  The pink flowery paper is from a Daisy and Dandelion pad called Picnic Patch and the gorgeous pink ribbon is one I received from Nicole at Inky Impressions with my Charm order - thanks Nicole!
The image was coloured using my promarkers and Sakura Gelly Glaze pens - and no - she didn't wet her knickers - the flash just makes it look that way!!! Sorry!  I added a pre-stamped die cut sentiment and went round the edge of the image with a pink chalk ink pad.  I added some shocking pink flat backed gems and made up a flower from my stash.  The edge of the image is also softened using pink pearlescent chalk and sealed with hairspray.

The challenges I shall enter this into are:
Sketch and Stash - sketch #35
DU2DS - Anything Goes
La La Land - Anything Goes
So, I hope that has given you some inspiration peeps and if you need any more please visit the rest of the DT (links in my sidebar) and see what they have to offer you by way of inspiration.
Good luck everyone.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn, just love your card, very girly! Great image and papers used. hugs Heid xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a gorgeous card and a really lovely image,thank you for joining us at sketch and stash

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn

    I can't see any shorts!!! Love the colours you have chosen. Like the sentiment too.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at La La Land Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh she's a sassy girl! Thanks for joining us at La-La Land Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY CUTE!!! Thank you SO MUCH for playing along with us at La-La Land Crafts!!
    Hugs!!
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project - thanks for sharing! ~Maureen, La-La Land Crafts DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card :-) The image is lovely and the papers and embellies are fab :-)

    thanks for joining the Sketch and Stash Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dawn, this is so dang cute, I can't believe these two weeks went by so fast and I had no clue I was sponsoring..I really need to get organized a tad better..anyway, thank you so much for sharing with me your awesome talent..it's just beautiful

    stitchy xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.