Pages

.

.

Monday 3 May 2010

Ooh La La - Challenge 53 - Minimalist - White Space Essential!

Good Bank Holiday Monday morning to you all.  I hope you enjoy your day today and that the weather is kind to us all.
So, Monday again and that means time for another challenge at Ooh La La Creations.  The theme for this fortnight's challenge is Minimalist - White Space Essential.  Now I can do minimal but I'd rather not so this was a bit of a challenge for me.  However, with such fabulous CD's to work with, I wasn't stumped for long.
This card is made using the White Wonder decoupage images from the Fleur D'Imagination CD from Ooh La La which is available from their Store along with many other fantastic products - well worth a look!
I cut out two scalloped squares using my nestabilities and then embossed them with my swirls folder in my Cuttlebug and used these behind the image. 
I embossed the little flowers on the back to give them some shape before decoupaging them up.  I only used two layers as I wanted this to be very very simple.  The only other thing I added were three yellow tear drop gems at the bottom left of the card.
As the front of the card was so simple I decided to use one of the inserts from the same section of the CD for the inside.
I shall enter this card into the challenges at:
Fab n Funky - No DP
Crafty Creations Challenges - Make your own paper (I used plain white card and embossed it)
Creative Card Crew - April showers bring May flowers
Creative Craft Challenge - Bloomin marvellous
Cute Card Thursday - Make your own (backing paper/card)

7 comments:

  1. Stunning card Dawn, I love the flowers and your embossing.
    Have a great day today - sun shining in Devon

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like minimal. I LOVE minimal, in fact.
    Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to DO minimal. You, however, are brilliant at it. So beautiful!
    TFS
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card hun! Just popping by to say thank you for entering my Blog Candy, Good Luck! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous, thanks for joining us at FnF :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Creative craft challenge. Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautifully elegant card! Love the clean and simple look! Thanks so much for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog on the Clips-N-Cuts blog hop when I was poking about.

    Lovely card! I love the flowers and embossing.


    Cheryl
    http://shestamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.